Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Can medicals be extended for landing?

Can medicals be extended for landing?

Old Nov 22nd 2004, 6:08 pm
Forum Regular

Siona is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Can medicals be extended for landing?

I’ve done a good search and found no info so far on this…has anyone had (or heard of) medicals expiring during the wait for return of passport? Medicals are due to expire on Wednsday and I would like to know if and what the likelyhoold of the Buffalo Consulate is to extend them until we are able to land?
Old Nov 22nd 2004, 6:32 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Can medicals be extended for landing?

If Buffalo didn't ask you to re-do medicals but asked for passport that means they most likely already extended validity of your original medical decision by few months.

Originally Posted by Siona
I’ve done a good search and found no info so far on this…has anyone had (or heard of) medicals expiring during the wait for return of passport? Medicals are due to expire on Wednsday and I would like to know if and what the likelyhoold of the Buffalo Consulate is to extend them until we are able to land?
Old Nov 22nd 2004, 6:37 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
If Buffalo didn't ask you to re-do medicals but asked for passport that means they most likely already extended validity of your original medical decision by few months.
Hi Andrew and thanks for the reply. The reason I ask is because on the request for passport letter I received, there was a hand written and highlighted note to the left stating that medicals expire on Nov. 24th. I'm not sure if this was for my information or theirs?
Old Nov 22nd 2004, 6:46 pm

When exactly did you receive passport request letter and what was the date of the letter?

Hi Andrew and thanks for the reply. The reason I ask is because on the request for passport letter I received, there was a hand written and highlighted note to the left stating that medicals expire on Nov. 24th. I'm not sure if this was for my information or theirs?
Old Nov 22nd 2004, 6:59 pm
Forum Regular

When exactly did you receive passport request letter and what was the date of the letter?
I received the letter on Oct. 27th, mailed pp on the 28th, Buffalo received it Nov. 1st.

I just checked, there is no date on the letter. Just our address on left, file number on right and "Important Notice" then it starts..."The processing of your application is complete...."
Old Nov 22nd 2004, 7:17 pm

Let's hope for the extension if it is the case.

I received the letter on Oct. 27th, mailed pp on the 28th, Buffalo received it Nov. 1st.

I just checked, there is no date on the letter. Just our address on left, file number on right and "Important Notice" then it starts..."The processing of your application is complete...."
Old Nov 22nd 2004, 7:24 pm
Forum Regular

Let's hope for the extension if it is the case.
If there is no extension, I assume that we are looking at another few months of processing new medicals before we can land? Does this sound right?
Old Nov 22nd 2004, 7:52 pm

It is really strange, but if they wouldn't want to extend medicals you should have heard from them by now. Send a fax.

If there is no extension, I assume that we are looking at another few months of processing new medicals before we can land? Does this sound right?
Old Nov 23rd 2004, 1:16 pm
Forum Regular

It appears as if a few others are getting their passports back right now. I’m going to wait and see if it comes today and if not, send a fax tomorrow (the official day meds expire). I assume that I should state that medicals expire on the 24th and I have not yet received the returned passport or any instructions. Should I ask them to provide me with further details?

Something else that is bothering me, when I applied for the visitor’s record extension, it was approved with the requirement that meds be done. I called the hotline because meds had been done for PR application and I was told that since the visitor’s visa was approved in Canada and PR application @ Buffalo, they probably didn’t make the connection. Then I was told to send a letter to visitor visa officer indicating this with proof meds were done and a printout of eclient indicating Buffalo had received meds. (still following me?). I had record that it was received but never heard anything back from visitor visa officer so I assumed that everything was okay.

Now I’m wondering if this may cause a problem for passport stamping? If the hotline gave us the wrong info and maybe we should have redone the medical when told to for visitor’s record? I think we are still within the 30 days grace before they were required for visitor’s record but if we are not could it be interpreted as being in Canada illegally?

This is getting really confusing…
Old Feb 25th 2005, 5:41 am
AA

asimsubhani is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: urgent reply needed

It appears as if a few others are getting their passports back right now. I’m going to wait and see if it comes today and if not, send a fax tomorrow (the official day meds expire). I assume that I should state that medicals expire on the 24th and I have not yet received the returned passport or any instructions. Should I ask them to provide me with further details?

Something else that is bothering me, when I applied for the visitor’s record extension, it was approved with the requirement that meds be done. I called the hotline because meds had been done for PR application and I was told that since the visitor’s visa was approved in Canada and PR application @ Buffalo, they probably didn’t make the connection. Then I was told to send a letter to visitor visa officer indicating this with proof meds were done and a printout of eclient indicating Buffalo had received meds. (still following me?). I had record that it was received but never heard anything back from visitor visa officer so I assumed that everything was okay.

Now I’m wondering if this may cause a problem for passport stamping? If the hotline gave us the wrong info and maybe we should have redone the medical when told to for visitor’s record? I think we are still within the 30 days grace before they were required for visitor’s record but if we are not could it be interpreted as being in Canada illegally?

This is getting really confusing…
so did u get an extended visa? if yes then of which validity i-e how many months of extension, and did u request for extension or they gave u the extension themself.
My case is that my visa is expiring on 25th march 2005 and i've sent them the passport for stamping visa on 24th feb 2005 ( i got a letter from embassy to send passport on 23rd 2005) , now my concern is that will they give me visa extension or not, 'cause it will be a problem for me to move to canada in such a short time with kids (my case is spouse sponsorship)
Need a urgent reply
Old Mar 9th 2005, 4:52 pm
Forum Regular

Yes, the medicals were extended for the six month period we had to land in. We received the returned passport on the day the medicals would have expired but they DID extend them.
Old Mar 10th 2005, 3:08 am
AA

asimsubhani is an unknown quantity at this point

Could you please tell me from which processing centre you have applied for immigration. As far as i know the Pakistan Processing Centre in Islamabad did not extend the expiry date unless one has to undergo re-medical.

Many Thanks for your information.

Asim
Old Mar 10th 2005, 12:45 pm
Forum Regular

It was the processing centre in Buffalo, New York and it was for a spousal application

Originally Posted by asimsubhani
Could you please tell me from which processing centre you have applied for immigration. As far as i know the Pakistan Processing Centre in Islamabad did not extend the expiry date unless one has to undergo re-medical.

Many Thanks for your information.

Asim