Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Can I Pre-empt an Information Update Request

Wikiposts

Can I Pre-empt an Information Update Request

Old Jul 24th 2007, 8:10 pm
Just Joined

AnyIrishInHere is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Can I Pre-empt an Information Update Request

Howdy.
Does anyone know if I can send in my update information (including Police Cert) to the HC in London at any stage?
I'm planning on being out of the country this Sept and Oct and don't want to take a chance that a 90 day letter turns up while I'm away (some chance ).
I will keep an eye on "Updating File" thread, by ktp, we seem to be asking for the same kind of info.

Thanks,
K.
Old Jul 24th 2007, 9:29 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Can I Pre-empt an Information Update Request

If you didn't file Simplified Application then yes. As long as you applied before September 2006 or with arranged employment if after (except Buffalo) then you should update your file every time there is something to update and not later than shortly (couple months) before predicted assessment stage, which you can try to predict by reading reports here.

By doing so you'll have a chance to prevent further delays resulting from waiting for "90 days letter". Why only a chance? Because majority of applicants miss a lot and/or submit inconclusive evidence and will be asked anyway for additional info and evidence

When did you apply, where and with full or simplified application?
Old Jul 25th 2007, 12:08 am
Just Joined

Hi Andrew,

I applied in Oct05 with a full application (Police certs,etc), Skilled worker via HC in London (Embassy in Dublin don't deal with visas), had the AoR back after 2 weeks (5th Nov05).

Wasn't expecting to hear anything until 08, but by reading the reports on here it seems some Aug05 applications are getting asked for updates.

Better to be safe than sorry, reckon I'll update what I can and send it to London. Should I send an updated Garda (Police) clearance cert?

Ta,
K.
Old Jul 25th 2007, 12:16 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes, it is a good time for you to send it all now.
Old Jul 25th 2007, 12:43 am
Just Joined

Will do, thanks Andrew.
Old Jul 25th 2007, 6:55 am
Forum Regular

drwoodsy is just really nicedrwoodsy is just really nicedrwoodsy is just really nicedrwoodsy is just really nicedrwoodsy is just really nicedrwoodsy is just really nicedrwoodsy is just really nicedrwoodsy is just really nicedrwoodsy is just really nice
Wink Re: Can I Pre-empt an Information Update Request

Hi AnyIrishInHere we are more or less the same dates as you and have been contacted by our lawyer a couple if times in the last few months and are updating our police certs and work experience right now. Like Andrew says it may prevent further delays!
Old Jul 26th 2007, 7:15 pm
Just Joined

Hi Drwoodsy,
That's good news, a bit of good luck wouldn't go astray at this stage!
Just wondering if you guys are sending recent photo's with your info
Old Jul 27th 2007, 4:04 am
Forum Regular

drwoodsy is just really nicedrwoodsy is just really nicedrwoodsy is just really nicedrwoodsy is just really nicedrwoodsy is just really nicedrwoodsy is just really nicedrwoodsy is just really nicedrwoodsy is just really nicedrwoodsy is just really nice

We were not planning on photos just updating our work experience, address, as we move in a few weeks and police certs.

Our original submission was huge as we spent several months ensuring we had all the correct back up docs etc to substantiate our points claim so hopefully we will be covered - fingers crossed