minimum 1 yr work experience?

Old Jul 25th 2007, 5:28 am
Forum Regular

Steez1982 will become famous soon enoughSteez1982 will become famous soon enough
Default minimum 1 yr work experience?

does this have to be all at once, ie; May 2006-May 2007?

or could it be two blocks of six months, eg; Jan-Jun 2006, Jan-Jun 2007? thanks!
Old Jul 25th 2007, 6:34 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: minimum 1 yr work experience?

Hi

Originally Posted by Steez1982
does this have to be all at once, ie; May 2006-May 2007?

or could it be two blocks of six months, eg; Jan-Jun 2006, Jan-Jun 2007? thanks!
Nope, has to be continuous.
Old Jul 25th 2007, 7:20 am
Forum Regular

Steez1982 will become famous soon enoughSteez1982 will become famous soon enough

b*ll*cks! i guess that's me stuck in the office for another while so

sorry i'm so new to all this: if you meet the points requirement for immigration, in terms of work/education/age/language etc, does it follow that you WILL get PR? (providing you meet health and police checks etc etc)
or is it still a gamble?
the possibility of using my current job for immigration is the only thing keeping me there....
Old Jul 25th 2007, 7:37 am
Forum Regular

Phumfeinz is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh God...

Do you need to have a minimum of one year work experience to get on the Bunac program?
Old Jul 25th 2007, 7:51 am
Forum Regular

no no no no no i'm talking about Permanent Res! not Bunac at all!
Old Jul 25th 2007, 8:00 am
Forum Regular

Phumfeinz is an unknown quantity at this point

no no no no no i'm talking about Permanent Res! not Bunac at all!
Phew...

That would've my main plan out of the window.
Old Jul 25th 2007, 12:26 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

if you meet the points requirement for immigration, in terms of work/education/age/language etc, does it follow that you WILL get PR? (providing you meet health and police checks etc etc)
or is it still a gamble?
Absolutely not. Most of applicants who ended among 50% refused applications had (or they believed they had) all qualifications required - but they didn't make their case as their evidence wasn't conclusive enough to prove all claims and as result they were refused on lack of points.
Old Jul 26th 2007, 12:57 am
Forum Regular

hmm okay i'm working in senior admin (Administrative Officer) and am just afraid that they won't recognise this...any way of checking before i slog it out here for the full year?
Old Jul 26th 2007, 1:21 am

ireland2canada is an unknown quantity at this point

hmm okay i'm working in senior admin (Administrative Officer) and am just afraid that they won't recognise this...any way of checking before i slog it out here for the full year?
Hi there. In order to qualify for points in the SW application you have to have 1 continuous years experience in a profession that is classified as being skill type O, A or B. Check out the NOC matrix, I believe admin comes under skill type B.
http://www23.hrdc-drhc.gc.ca/2001/e/.../welcome.shtml

One tip is to look closely at the job descriptions/duties listed there and pick the one that applies to you. The actual job titles can be quite general.
Old Jul 27th 2007, 6:50 am
Forum Regular

hmm i'm just worried now that they won't count my admin work as senior enough.
is there anyone out there with the knowledge to suss out my job description/scope for me?