Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Can I complete the landing process at Sault Ste Marie?

Can I complete the landing process at Sault Ste Marie?

Old May 17th 2005, 5:41 am
BE Enthusiast

reddy_cd is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Can I complete the landing process at Sault Ste Marie?

Hello all,

I have recently received the PPR and would be sending the passports to Buffalo in a couple of days for visa stamping. Since I live in Sudbury, I would like to complete the formal landing process at the nearest border city of Sault Ste Marie (ON).

However, I have not heard or read on this forum about anyone landing at the above place. I would appreciate if soemone could let me know if I coud land via the Sault Ste Marie once I receive my passports back from Buffalo

Thanks in advance!

Reddy
Old May 17th 2005, 8:03 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can I complete the landing process at Sault Ste Marie?

Hi

Originally Posted by reddy_cd
Hello all,

I have recently received the PPR and would be sending the passports to Buffalo in a couple of days for visa stamping. Since I live in Sudbury, I would like to complete the formal landing process at the nearest border city of Sault Ste Marie (ON).

However, I have not heard or read on this forum about anyone landing at the above place. I would appreciate if soemone could let me know if I coud land via the Sault Ste Marie once I receive my passports back from Buffalo

Thanks in advance!

Reddy
Yes.

PMM
Old May 17th 2005, 8:30 am
BE Enthusiast

PMM,
Thanks a lot! yet another question with regard to the same: can I land on weekends or do I need to go on week days.

Would appreciate your response very much!

Reddy

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

Yes.

PMM
Old May 17th 2005, 11:59 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by reddy_cd
Hello all,

Thanks in advance!

Reddy
Are you eligible for the US visa waiver or have you got a US tourist visa? If the answer is 'no' then you need to check whether the border authorities will let you do a 'round the flagpole' landing without getting a refusal of admission from the US side.

You do not want to get a US refusal of admission on your records, but this is causing a problem at some border posts for those who cannot enter the US.

Jeremy
Old May 17th 2005, 1:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi,

Thanks for the info. No, I do not have US tourist visa and won't come under the visa waiver either. Will try to find out from one of my friends who lives in Sault Ste marie.

Reddy

Originally Posted by JAJ
Are you eligible for the US visa waiver or have you got a US tourist visa? If the answer is 'no' then you need to check whether the border authorities will let you do a 'round the flagpole' landing without getting a refusal of admission from the US side.

You do not want to get a US refusal of admission on your records, but this is causing a problem at some border posts for those who cannot enter the US.

Jeremy