Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Can I apply from post other then my country of residence?

Can I apply from post other then my country of residence?

Old Feb 14th 2005, 2:12 am
Forum Regular

Azam Ali will become famous soon enough
Default Can I apply from post other then my country of residence?

Hi

I am thinking to apply for business catagory, I am dual citizen of Indonesia and Pakistan, but based in Singapore for more then 10 years.

I have Pakistan citienship by birth, but i did not stayed there since 1989, though I have some business and other assets in that country.

Current processing time from Singapore for business applicants is between 17 to 37 months, but I seen on CIC web site that they are processing from Islamabad in about 2 months.

Is there anyway I can take advantage of this and apply from Islamabad?

Any input is highly appreciated.

Thanks.
Old Feb 14th 2005, 2:25 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Can I apply from post other then my country of residence?

Yes, you can apply through Islamabad as long as you are Pakistani national. But those 2 months processing time is most likely an error on CIC website - the same time is shown for New Delhi, Manila, Pretoria, Ankara and few other visa posts. I have business cases pending in New Delhi, Pretoria, Ankara and Manila, all submitted between late 2002 and mid 2003 and none got initial assessment yet. Something is not right here. More - all those visa post service nationals who's security checks take substantially longer than 2 months.

Originally Posted by Azam Ali
Hi

I am thinking to apply for business catagory, I am dual citizen of Indonesia and Pakistan, but based in Singapore for more then 10 years.

I have Pakistan citienship by birth, but i did not stayed there since 1989, though I have some business and other assets in that country.

Current processing time from Singapore for business applicants is between 17 to 37 months, but I seen on CIC web site that they are processing from Islamabad in about 2 months.

Is there anyway I can take advantage of this and apply from Islamabad?

Any input is highly appreciated.

Thanks.
Old Feb 14th 2005, 3:59 am
BE Enthusiast

orazone is on a distinguished road

I was born and raised there. Besides Student and Visitor visa , you can't expect any other type of case getting done in 2 months. no way. I have friends who are waiting for their cases since 2001-2.
Old Feb 14th 2005, 5:27 am
Forum Regular

Azam Ali will become famous soon enough

I also surprise to see thes kind of processing times but, I saw these time line at CIC web site http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/departm...-fed.html#asia

for skill worker class they are still saying about 28 to 44 months for 80% cases.

it seems to be something wrong with it, otherwise it is very interesting, to know even with Quebec business applicant from Islamabad are moving faster then Singapore.

Or could be some type of priority they have business class at that post,?

I have been seeing these type of timing from quite some time (at least few months) where i see some upward revision for Singapore, and downward for Islamabad.

In my openion Singapore should be relatively faster as there is less problem with security checks and other issues.