Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Can dependants PR Visa be extended?

Can dependants PR Visa be extended?

Old Oct 16th 2012, 10:59 am
BE Enthusiast

robert_masters is just really nicerobert_masters is just really nicerobert_masters is just really nicerobert_masters is just really nicerobert_masters is just really nicerobert_masters is just really nicerobert_masters is just really nicerobert_masters is just really nice
Default Can dependants PR Visa be extended?

Hi All!

We're geting closer to all moving over to be with my hubby. It's been very long winded and many things in the way i.e recession etc, etc.

Well my son & I move for around April 2013. But my daughter and her son is staying put longer as she wants to complete her University course as an ODP (Operation Department Practice), or as known as Anaesthetic Technician in Canada??

Knowing the golden rule, 2 yrs in out of 5 yrs, she has by January 2014 to be in Canada. Her course ends June 2014, so not sure if the visa can be extended??? She frequentely changes her mind, as we all know it happens too often. And because of this I have left her well alone to make her own mind up closer to the time. At this present time she wants to see the course through and keep her options open.

Has anyone come across this situation before. I have a bad feeling the PR visa cannot be extended for those reasons. But don't know if the main applicant is in Canada will help??? Probably not! Other than she may need to apply in her own right.

Angela
Old Oct 16th 2012, 11:35 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can dependants PR Visa be extended?

Nope, it can't. The only way the two out of every five year rule wouldn't count, is if she was married to a Canadian living abroad, or had been sent abroad to work by a Canadian company.

She could move earlier and finish her degree in Canada. That way she'd meet her PR requirement, and also have a Canadian qualification already.

HTH.
Old Oct 16th 2012, 2:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

robert_masters is just really nicerobert_masters is just really nicerobert_masters is just really nicerobert_masters is just really nicerobert_masters is just really nicerobert_masters is just really nicerobert_masters is just really nicerobert_masters is just really nice
Default Re: Can dependants PR Visa be extended?

Thank you for that, had a sneaky feeling that would be the case!

Not overly sure how one can be transfered from one degree to another?? I'm pretty sure the courses are quite different, somthing to look into once I'm there.

Cheers