Can any one tell me........

Old Dec 18th 2007, 12:52 pm
plw
9 inch member

plw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud of
Default Can any one tell me........

can any one tell me.......
i got into trouble with the law about 15 years ago.....
i went to court and recieved a suspended sentence, 2 years.
was stupid, drunk and at low ebb in life.
I have checked and believe the following is true if i try to emigrate to Canada.
If you there is 10 years or more without any further problems then it is deemed
that you are rehabilitated.
is this so???????
have sent off for police check forms anyway!!

Also is visas quicker using an agent?
Old Dec 18th 2007, 4:54 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can any one tell me........

Hi

Originally Posted by plw
can any one tell me.......
i got into trouble with the law about 15 years ago.....
i went to court and recieved a suspended sentence, 2 years.
was stupid, drunk and at low ebb in life.
I have checked and believe the following is true if i try to emigrate to Canada.
If you there is 10 years or more without any further problems then it is deemed
that you are rehabilitated.
is this so???????
have sent off for police check forms anyway!!

Also is visas quicker using an agent?
1. Assuming that the crime was not one which you could have received 10 years or more under the criminal code of Canada and 10 years have passed, then you would be deemed rehabilitated. You still have to include the conviction on your application.
2. An agent (assuming you hire a CSIC member or a member of the Canadian bar) with Immigration experience, will not speed up the application, but should ensure that your case is presented in the best light and all the i's are crossed and the t's dotted, so that CHC does not request further information to slow down the application.
Old Dec 18th 2007, 5:07 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can any one tell me........

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

1. Assuming that the crime was not one which you could have received 10 years or more under the criminal code of Canada and 10 years have passed, then you would be deemed rehabilitated. You still have to include the conviction on your application.
2. An agent (assuming you hire a CSIC member or a member of the Canadian bar) with Immigration experience, will not speed up the application, but should ensure that your case is presented in the best light and all the i's are crossed and the t's dotted, so that CHC does not request further information to slow down the application.

I would hope not or I would sack them!!!!!! Sorry had to do that it's a common mistake for me to make too - I always dot t's and cross i's