Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Can any legal-types tell me if we can speed up this process??!!

Can any legal-types tell me if we can speed up this process??!!

Old Nov 26th 2004, 9:12 pm
Forum Regular

Karate Kev will become famous soon enoughKarate Kev will become famous soon enough
Default Can any legal-types tell me if we can speed up this process??!!

Hi all. I usually post on the Canada forum, but someone suggested - due to this post's content - to try the Immigration forum, so here goes.......

After logging-on to the Canada forum, i noticed that i haven't been on since October 4th!! Sorry about that - i really don't know where the time has gone between then and now.

And talking of time, that brings me to the subject of this post;-
A few weeks ago, we recieved our AOR (i assume that stands for Application Of Residency - but i'm not sure) Case Number, and were told that we should be looking at our medicals being approximately 12-months down the line. Then, if successful, we'd then have another 12-months to act upon our visa's.

Anyway, i'm wondering - as i'm sure countless prospective applicants do - if there's any way to speed the process up. I already know that the general answer would be 'No', but i wonder if there's ever anyone who's given a shorter processing time due to their circumstances.

As some on the forum will know, my son Josh has C.P. and is in a wheelchair - i just wondered if anyone knew of any disabled applicants who had a shorter wait due to their situation. (I guess i'm kinda likening it to jumping the queue at a theme park!)
I hope no-one thinks i'm trying to 'push-in' even though essentially, that's what i'm hoping for!! Because let's be honest, i'm sure there's many others going through the process at the moment, who wish they were already there.

I know time flies - but when you're looking forward to something, it tends to drag!

Anyway, forgive my "why should he get prefferential treatment" attitude - but if you don't ask these questions, you'll never know the answers. As always, take care y'all,

Kev.
Old Nov 27th 2004, 8:06 am
Premium Member

Tiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Can any legal-types tell me if we can speed up this process??!!

Originally Posted by Karate Kev
Hi all. I usually post on the Canada forum, but someone suggested - due to this post's content - to try the Immigration forum, so here goes.......

After logging-on to the Canada forum, i noticed that i haven't been on since October 4th!! Sorry about that - i really don't know where the time has gone between then and now.

And talking of time, that brings me to the subject of this post;-
A few weeks ago, we recieved our AOR (i assume that stands for Application Of Residency - but i'm not sure) Case Number, and were told that we should be looking at our medicals being approximately 12-months down the line. Then, if successful, we'd then have another 12-months to act upon our visa's.

Anyway, i'm wondering - as i'm sure countless prospective applicants do - if there's any way to speed the process up. I already know that the general answer would be 'No', but i wonder if there's ever anyone who's given a shorter processing time due to their circumstances.

As some on the forum will know, my son Josh has C.P. and is in a wheelchair - i just wondered if anyone knew of any disabled applicants who had a shorter wait due to their situation. (I guess i'm kinda likening it to jumping the queue at a theme park!)
I hope no-one thinks i'm trying to 'push-in' even though essentially, that's what i'm hoping for!! Because let's be honest, i'm sure there's many others going through the process at the moment, who wish they were already there.

I know time flies - but when you're looking forward to something, it tends to drag!

Anyway, forgive my "why should he get prefferential treatment" attitude - but if you don't ask these questions, you'll never know the answers. As always, take care y'all,

Kev.
Answered on your other thread; Study Permit is the only way to go. Doesn't speed up the PR process but expedites your legal entry into Canada.
Old Nov 27th 2004, 10:04 am
Forum Regular

Karate Kev will become famous soon enoughKarate Kev will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Tiaribbon
Answered on your other thread; Study Permit is the only way to go. Doesn't speed up the PR process but expedites your legal entry into Canada.

Hi Tiaribbon - i answered your reply on the other forum too.
But just to re-iterate, best of luck - and be sure to let us all know how you settle in.
Take care,

Kev.
Old Nov 27th 2004, 10:11 am
Premium Member

Tiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Karate Kev
Hi Tiaribbon - i answered your reply on the other forum too.
But just to re-iterate, best of luck - and be sure to let us all know how you settle in.
Take care,

Kev.
Thank you. And the very best of luck to you and your family too.