Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Can Alberta PN Permanent Resident land in Quebec and apply for SIN?

Can Alberta PN Permanent Resident land in Quebec and apply for SIN?

Old Aug 3rd 2009, 7:05 am
Just Joined

VladTKO is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Can Alberta PN Permanent Resident land in Quebec and apply for SIN?

Hello Everyone
I'm a Vancouver-bound (eventually) British Columbia Provincial Nominee new Permanent Resident working in the US.
My PR visa will expire soon, so I need to land in Canada pronto.
Logistically it’s very hard for me to go to BC now, so I’m just planning to drive up north to Quebec, do my landing there, and then quickly return to the States for another 2 or 3 months.
Since I don’t have a Quebec CSQ, will they let me land in Quebec?
Should I book a hotel in Ottawa as proof that I will continue on to a destination outside of Quebec?
Lastly, while in Quebec, will I be allowed to apply for Canadian SIN ? I want to get started with the whole 'assimilation' process in my new homeland ;-)

Thanks all
V
Old Aug 3rd 2009, 11:01 am
Job Hunting in Ottawa

sheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Can Alberta PN Permanent Resident land in Quebec and apply for SIN?

It's my understanding you can land anywhere, and as long as you have a Candian delivery address you can apply for your SIN there too.
Old Aug 3rd 2009, 2:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

kleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to behold

I wouldn't risk it. I've heard some horror stories of PR papers being seized due to lack of CSQ... if you want to land "up north" why cant you drive 40 mins further west and land in Ontario ? Much safer that way.
Old Aug 3rd 2009, 2:36 pm
Job Hunting in Ottawa

sheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of light

I landed in Montreal with no issues whatsoever and all my paperwork said I'd be living in Ontario.
Old Aug 4th 2009, 12:24 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by VladTKO
Hello Everyone
I'm a Vancouver-bound (eventually) British Columbia Provincial Nominee new Permanent Resident working in the US.
My PR visa will expire soon, so I need to land in Canada pronto.
Logistically it’s very hard for me to go to BC now, so I’m just planning to drive up north to Quebec, do my landing there, and then quickly return to the States for another 2 or 3 months.
Since I don’t have a Quebec CSQ, will they let me land in Quebec?
Should I book a hotel in Ottawa as proof that I will continue on to a destination outside of Quebec?
Hi
Land at an Ontario border crossing.