Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Calling out all us 2005 applicants!!

Calling out all us 2005 applicants!!

Old Apr 6th 2006, 1:55 pm
Forum Regular

tiger1977 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Calling out all us 2005 applicants!!

Hey,

Just wanted to know the thoughts of the 2005 applicants on what our fate may be, im Feb 2005 AOR, and I can imagine its still along way to go. Any other guys and gals from around this AOR time have any thoughts on the anticipated delays and when we may see a ray of sunshine?!!
Old Apr 6th 2006, 2:56 pm
Forum Regular

apfairhurst has a brilliant futureapfairhurst has a brilliant futureapfairhurst has a brilliant futureapfairhurst has a brilliant futureapfairhurst has a brilliant futureapfairhurst has a brilliant futureapfairhurst has a brilliant future
Default Re: Calling out all us 2005 applicants!!

Originally Posted by tiger1977
Hey,

Just wanted to know the thoughts of the 2005 applicants on what our fate may be, im Feb 2005 AOR, and I can imagine its still along way to go. Any other guys and gals from around this AOR time have any thoughts on the anticipated delays and when we may see a ray of sunshine?!!
Hello Tiger

Just to give you some idea, we are July 04 AOR and we should have been processed in December but we have still not heard anything. Just sit tight, live your life as normal and keep everything crossed and they will reply in their own good time.

Good luck.
Old Apr 6th 2006, 8:16 pm
Cochrane AB Bound!

us3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really nice

We are August 05 AOR and are desperate to leave England. Husband is trying every thing to secure a job get a job offer and get the HRSDC approval so we can sell up and leave. Only 30 months left but with things getting worse on the processing times who knows.
Old Apr 6th 2006, 8:27 pm
Just Joined

seejay is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by us3andthedog
We are August 05 AOR and are desperate to leave England. Husband is trying every thing to secure a job get a job offer and get the HRSDC approval so we can sell up and leave. Only 30 months left but with things getting worse on the processing times who knows.
we're Aug 05 AOR too and obviously not heard anything yet. Resigned to waiting at least 2 years for PR, but fortunately, we are able to go on a work permit exempt basis, which we are doing this July. So, much to do in the meantime!
Old Apr 8th 2006, 4:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Reghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to all

Aug 05 applicant. we got 36 months waiting. dont think it would take longer than that for IA to take place. expecting a medical request somewhere in the end of 2008 and hopefully landing by 2009.

I dont think that there would be a delay of more than 36 months as most probably they would increase the pass mark and apply it to all the current applicants too. So chances are that those who get through might PR's in 2008 itself.

regs
Old Apr 8th 2006, 2:15 pm
Forum Regular

Kazphillips will become famous soon enoughKazphillips will become famous soon enough

Hiya - we're August 2005 as well. The impression I got at Sandown was that our 36 months should still be accurate. I hoe so, though we are also looking at ways to get there sooner. But moving to Bournemouth in the meantime so at least that will keep me busy!

Kaz x
Old Apr 8th 2006, 7:47 pm
Forum Regular

SlimJimbo is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Tiger,

I am also a Feb 2005 applicant with 21 months quote from CHC London. Spoke to my Solicitor and she has told me not to expect anything till next year before they look at my case. I'm thinking about applying for jobs in Canada and potentially try that route rather than think about the amount of dust my file has built up!!
Old Apr 9th 2006, 12:07 am
Glasgow Rangers

Voyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond repute

Hey,

Guys

July 2005 AOR, quoting 30 months

TOO LONG TO WAIT

Going out in May to sit trade tests, hopefully pass tests and also getting a few job interviews lined up and hopefully successful job when I fly back to the UK on the 12th May and then apply for work permit :scared:

Note !!! Lots of hopefully's in this reply !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well thats the plan anyway.

Cannot put the families life on hold for another 2+ years, so going for the work permit option

This seems to be the only viable option to get over the big pond quicker !!

Eddie
Old Apr 10th 2006, 7:53 am
BE Enthusiast

snoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud of

I chatted to the CHC chappie at Sandown too and he said that timings were accurate and that we shouldn't expect to wait longer than the 36 months we have been quoted (Nov 05 AOR).
Fingers crossed.
Old Apr 11th 2006, 10:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Vancouver, BC (originally from Huddersfield, W. Yorkshire)
adele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Calling out all us 2005 applicants!!

AOR 23/8/05 (app. mailed 28/7/05)

Taking TEF next week - 21/4/06 (I don't really expect to get any extra points from it though, I find French sooo hard...but no harm in trying)

Going to work in Norway for the summer (breaks things up a bit - I've got to keep living my life)

Hoping to go back to Uni and do an MA in September (5 extra points, fingers crossed I get accepted)

After the MA I plan to go back to Canada on another student WHV...and by the time that's over I should be not far from hearing my fate from the CHC.

Adele xx

Last edited by adele; Apr 11th 2006 at 10:58 am.
Old Apr 11th 2006, 12:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

MarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond repute

July 2005 AOR, quoting 30 months
Unfortunately probably optimistic, considering that November 04s have been given a 30 month wait (18 months originally and an extra year added since). They'd have to go a lot of catching up to get through another eight months of applications in eight months.
Old Apr 11th 2006, 12:43 pm
Forum Regular

tiger1977 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all, true we're all probably being a bit optomistic, oh well worth living in hope i guess! the worrying this is if november 04 aor's are being told they'll be assessed april 07, god knows when the 2005 applicants will be considered!! just gotta get on with everyday life i guess until the ladies and gents at chc london dust off our files!!
Old Apr 11th 2006, 1:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Reghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to all

Originally Posted by MarkG
Unfortunately probably optimistic, considering that November 04s have been given a 30 month wait (18 months originally and an extra year added since). They'd have to go a lot of catching up to get through another eight months of applications in eight months.

I think 8 months is enough to reach IA stage. the delay of additional 1 year is most porbably due to the importance given to Pre-2002 applicants that has been put back into the que after the settlement. but maybe i am wrong.

regs
Old Apr 11th 2006, 5:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

KennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to all

Originally Posted by MarkG
I'm Nov '04 as well, but I haven't recieved a delay letter of any kind yet, nevermind a year!!!! :scared: :scared:
Old Apr 12th 2006, 8:10 am
Worth the wait...

wiggs1034 is a jewel in the roughwiggs1034 is a jewel in the roughwiggs1034 is a jewel in the roughwiggs1034 is a jewel in the rough

Hey,

We are Feb 2005, with 21 months also. I don't expect to hear anything until mid-2007. We are also looking at Temporary Work Permits through other half's Nursing, and so still hope to be there in early 2007.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.