Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Calling all FSW2 who have completed PR

Calling all FSW2 who have completed PR

Old Feb 11th 2011, 1:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

spaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of light
Default Calling all FSW2 who have completed PR

so I asked CIC the question;

'Hi, I am currently working in Canada on a TWP and have a FSW 2 (arranged employment) application in process. I want to purchase the house I am renting in Canada and use our funds to put the deposit down. Do I still need to provide proof of funds for the FSW application? If I do need it, can I use the house value minus the mortgage amount as the proof of funds? Thank you.'

and here's their (standard) response;

'You must have sufficient transferable and available funds, unencumbered by debts or any other obligations. Please refer to our website for more information on the amount required. Clearly state the exact amount in Canadian dollars, taking into account any financial obligations, and provide documentary evidence. Proof of assets that are not liquid or transferable, such as cars or jewellery, will not be considered.'

We are purchasing the house at $19K less than market value if that makes a difference

My first thoughts were 'crap'......but I just wanted to get others experience before saying it out loud :-)

TIA
SA
Old Feb 11th 2011, 1:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

spaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Calling all FSW2 who have completed PR

I just saw this;

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigra...lled/funds.asp

'You do not have to show that you have these funds if you have arranged employment in Canada.'

ROFL

Who is right?
Old Feb 11th 2011, 1:19 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

It's also in the operating manual -

Exception: If the applicant has arranged employment as defined in R82, they do not have to meet these financial requirements (R76(b)(ii).

Old Feb 11th 2011, 1:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

thank you
Old Feb 11th 2011, 2:10 pm
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute

Nice result. Enjoy your house
Old Feb 11th 2011, 2:11 pm
Purpe80 in another life..

Clematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond repute

Arranged employed is your proof of funds, so you are ok.
Old Feb 11th 2011, 2:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

thanks...just need med requests and a clean bill of health now
Old Feb 12th 2011, 8:26 pm
Island life at last

helcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spaceace
thanks...just need med requests and a clean bill of health now
Told you so when you asked this before
No harm in checking though.