Call-in Notice

Old Jan 9th 2002, 2:04 pm
Rajeev

Hello, I just recieved a call-in notice from the immigration and it says I have to be
at the scarborough town center (toronto) with my wife who is sponsiring me. The
subject reads "Application for Permanent residence".Is this just a interview or they
issue the PR the same day?

Thanx

Old Jan 9th 2002, 7:15 pm
Webimmigration.Com

Hi:

The Call-in Notice is a request that you attend a "meeting". This meet is basically
an interview. Depending on whether or not your medicals and national security
clearances have been done, you may be issued your landing papers on the same day.

--
Yours truly, Ingrid Y. Chen, B.A., LL.B.

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Jan 9th 2002, 10:21 pm
Rajeev

Thanx for replying, I wasn't ever told by the immigration to take the Medicals, I
took them 2 yrs ago before coming to canada. I got AIP and didn't apply for OHIP as I
anticipated the wait time for the call-in would be short?. What exactly is this
meeting anyways

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
landing
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

[usenetquote2]> > Hello, I just recieved a call-in notice from the immigration and it says[/usenetquote2]
I
[usenetquote2]> > have to be at the scarborough town center (toronto) with my wife who is[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > sponsiring me. The subject reads "Application for Permanent[/usenetquote2]
residence".Is
[usenetquote2]> > this just a interview or they issue the PR the same day?[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Thanx[/usenetquote2]

Old Jan 10th 2002, 1:28 am
Just Joined

Jonathan Fon is an unknown quantity at this point

Rajeev:

Congratulations! This is a good news for you to hear. Usually, this means that you will be granted landing status during the "meeting". After you are given the Record of Landing, IMM1000, you may go to the ground floor where it is Human Resource Development Centre, HRDC to apply for a new SIN card. You may also go for OHIP application.
Old Jan 10th 2002, 1:11 pm
Rajeev

Well, It is certainly good news. I will looking forward for the day to come. Thank
you very much. Rajeev

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >