caips interpretation questions

Old Mar 19th 2005, 3:56 am
Fabulous Member

CasaSemanas is an unknown quantity at this point
Default caips interpretation questions

Hi All,

Well, I thought caips notes would make things clearer... silly me. I'd appreciate any light anyone can shed on the following:

BDEC has a date, but no status number, no 1 or 2, it's just blank, but there is a date, mid February '05. So... something happened mid February, but I wonder what...?

Thanks for any help
Old Mar 19th 2005, 4:03 am
Forum Regular

sachdhr is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: caips interpretation questions

Ure backgrounjd checks havent been completed. Hence BDEC and SEC are blank.

The date u probably saw was Bring Forward Date. Since BDEC and SEC was not completed, the file has been put away till results are received.

What about Additional documents requested during IA? Are those tagged "OK" under status?

What is your next bring Forward Date? As soon as your BDEC and SEC is cleared, you should be fine.

good luck.

Originally Posted by CasaSemanas
Hi All,

Well, I thought caips notes would make things clearer... silly me. I'd appreciate any light anyone can shed on the following:

BDEC has a date, but no status number, no 1 or 2, it's just blank, but there is a date, mid February '05. So... something happened mid February, but I wonder what...?

Thanks for any help
Old Mar 19th 2005, 9:26 am
Fabulous Member

Originally Posted by sachdhr
Ure backgrounjd checks havent been completed. Hence BDEC and SEC are blank.

The date u probably saw was Bring Forward Date. Since BDEC and SEC was not completed, the file has been put away till results are received.

What about Additional documents requested during IA? Are those tagged "OK" under status?

What is your next bring Forward Date? As soon as your BDEC and SEC is cleared, you should be fine.

good luck.
The date without a status code looks like this:
PSDEC 1 13-09-2004
BDEC __ 15-02-2004
OREQ 0
Are you saying that is a separate "bring forward" date for BDEC, independent of the file bring forward date? (the underbars are not in the file, I just put them there to try to maintain the proper white space)

Addtional documents requested were: FBI PC x 2 FUNDS/W2
There is notation following dated 18-NOV-2004 that:
RECD: COPY OF W2 FOR 2002-2003, PROOF OF FUNDS, FBI PC FOR GR
and at that point the file is cut off, only part of the R is present.
However the next entry on 22-NOV-2004 says:
PENDING: BDEC AND MEDS
So I assume that they got the PC cards for both my partner and me and that the notation of that mysteriously got cut off in my copy of the file to just "G" and half of the "R". I figure it should read "GREG AND PAUL" as those are our names.

The bring forward date is:
BF FILE TO: NEW ON 20-03-2005
So I figure that's the bring forward date and it's certainly different than the date listed in the BDEC column.

Our MEDICAL STATUS CODES are both A and the MEDICAL STAGE is M01 so I guess that's good, although in STATUS the MEDDEC shows 0

And while we're on it, there's no information listed under PPT # - maybe they wait to enter that until they have the passports in hand for issuing the visas, rather than from copies accompanying the application.

Thanks for the help deciphering. Paul
Old Mar 19th 2005, 12:46 pm
Forum Regular

sachdhr is an unknown quantity at this point

Pretty much what my CAIPS looked like. They are just waiting for Security and Background checks. You also just have to wait. as long as you filed an honest application, there is nothing to worry about.

Meds M01: thats good. It would say M01 under the Meds Section of your CAIPS. So no worries there.

You should hopefully hear something soon. Hang in there!
Old Mar 19th 2005, 7:59 pm
Fabulous Member

Originally Posted by sachdhr
Pretty much what my CAIPS looked like. They are just waiting for Security and Background checks. You also just have to wait. as long as you filed an honest application, there is nothing to worry about.

Meds M01: thats good. It would say M01 under the Meds Section of your CAIPS. So no worries there.

You should hopefully hear something soon. Hang in there!
Thanks for the reassurance. I'd still feel better if there were a status number in BDEC along with the date.