Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

CAIPS - help needed(Mr. Miller please)

CAIPS - help needed(Mr. Miller please)

Old Jun 15th 2005, 11:16 am
Just Joined

art_mos is an unknown quantity at this point
Default CAIPS - help needed(Mr. Miller please)

Dear forum members,

Last week I got my CAIPS and it has the following line in it: "would like to verify the diploma".
What do they verify?(I sent the notarized translation of my diploma during the initial application.)

But, I got my medicals already. Does it mean that they did the diploma verification already?

Besides, in CAIPS it says "B-OTT x2 sent electronically".
What does that mean?

Thanks in advance,
Warmest regards,
Art
Old Jun 15th 2005, 2:16 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: CAIPS - help needed(Mr. Miller please)

CIC will verify authenticity of your diploma.

Getting medical forms doesn't indicate that diploma verification is completed (or any other task for that matter).

"B-OTT x2 sent electronically" is taken out of entire CAIPS context, thus it is impossible to tell you what it is for sure. But most likely it indicates that request for background check (verification of your edu and exp credentials) has been sent electronically to another CIC office.

Originally Posted by art_mos
Dear forum members,

Last week I got my CAIPS and it has the following line in it: "would like to verify the diploma".
What do they verify?(I sent the notarized translation of my diploma during the initial application.)

But, I got my medicals already. Does it mean that they did the diploma verification already?

Besides, in CAIPS it says "B-OTT x2 sent electronically".
What does that mean?

Thanks in advance,
Warmest regards,
Art
Old Jun 15th 2005, 2:34 pm
Mission Accomplished !

bubbleface will become famous soon enoughbubbleface will become famous soon enough

Hi art_mos,

Could you please kindly tell us your timeline? And which office did you submit your application to?

Thank you!

BF
Old Jun 15th 2005, 3:27 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
CIC will verify authenticity of your diploma.

Getting medical forms doesn't indicate that diploma verification is completed (or any other task for that matter).

"B-OTT x2 sent electronically" is taken out of entire CAIPS context, thus it is impossible to tell you what it is for sure. But most likely it indicates that request for background check (verification of your edu and exp credentials) has been sent electronically to another CIC office.
Dear Mr. Miller,

Thanks for your responce.

The following is the abstract from my CAIPS. Please, help me out.

BASED ON THE WORK HISTORIES OF THE PI AND HIS SPOUSE LISTING TO
B-OTT X2 IS NEEDED.

PLEASE LIST TO B-OTT X2 THEN FILE TO ABB/ SXA BASED ON THE MONS INSTRUCTIONS.
================================================== ==
FUR FOR ARTAK DOWNLOADED ON xxxxxx SENT
B-OTT X2 SENT ELECTRONICALLY xxxxxx

Thanks a lot,
Best regards,
Art
Old Jun 15th 2005, 3:49 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

It looks that additional background info (listing) was asked for by office that received request for background check.

It is really nothing to be concerned about - of course as long as you know that all will check out.

Try not to be addicted to CAIPS file - most of the time there is no need to see one at all.

Originally Posted by art_mos
Dear Mr. Miller,

Thanks for your responce.

The following is the abstract from my CAIPS. Please, help me out.

BASED ON THE WORK HISTORIES OF THE PI AND HIS SPOUSE LISTING TO
B-OTT X2 IS NEEDED.

PLEASE LIST TO B-OTT X2 THEN FILE TO ABB/ SXA BASED ON THE MONS INSTRUCTIONS.
FUR FOR ARTAK DOWNLOADED ON xxxxxx SENT
B-OTT X2 SENT ELECTRONICALLY xxxxxx

Thanks a lot,
Best regards,
Art
Old Jun 15th 2005, 6:02 pm
Just Joined

It looks that additional background info (listing) was asked for by office that received request for background check.

It is really nothing to be concerned about - of course as long as you know that all will check out.

Try not to be addicted to CAIPS file - most of the time there is no need to see one at all.
Thanks a lot!

Best regards,
Art
Old Jun 15th 2005, 7:20 pm
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute

The wise sage speaketh - I wish we hadn't bothered TBH - complete waste of time - the only bit of interest was seeing what had been written against our file and to see what points were awarded - we figured 72, CIC figured 70 ....urk, now that might have been a reeason to worry if points level had been raised

So unless one has worries and hassles and things to chase back for CIC such as missing documents are reason to be called for interview, why bother ? And by the time it is received, usually too late anyhow.

Some things you learn the hard way.

Rich.