Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

C20 work permit and any restrictions to PR?

C20 work permit and any restrictions to PR?

Old Jun 17th 2020, 1:29 pm
Forum Regular

eversmannx has a reputation beyond reputeeversmannx has a reputation beyond reputeeversmannx has a reputation beyond reputeeversmannx has a reputation beyond reputeeversmannx has a reputation beyond reputeeversmannx has a reputation beyond reputeeversmannx has a reputation beyond reputeeversmannx has a reputation beyond reputeeversmannx has a reputation beyond reputeeversmannx has a reputation beyond reputeeversmannx has a reputation beyond repute
Default C20 work permit and any restrictions to PR?

I have an offer and the employer is going to sponsor me with a C20.
At the moment I don't have enough points for PR, but I intend to apply after a year or so after working in Canada.
Is there any restrictions at all that would stop me from applying for PR or claiming extra points next year?

The only reason I am asking is a friend told me, people coming into UK under mobility program type visa have some sort of restriction applying for ILR / PR in UK.

Old Jun 17th 2020, 1:38 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: C20 work permit and any restrictions to PR?

Originally Posted by eversmannx
Is there any restrictions at all that would stop me from applying for PR or claiming extra points next year?
It depends on the exact job and NOC code, which is it?
Old Jun 17th 2020, 1:58 pm
Forum Regular

eversmannx has a reputation beyond reputeeversmannx has a reputation beyond reputeeversmannx has a reputation beyond reputeeversmannx has a reputation beyond reputeeversmannx has a reputation beyond reputeeversmannx has a reputation beyond reputeeversmannx has a reputation beyond reputeeversmannx has a reputation beyond reputeeversmannx has a reputation beyond reputeeversmannx has a reputation beyond reputeeversmannx has a reputation beyond repute

i think the closest is
0213 Computer and information systems managers
Old Jun 17th 2020, 2:02 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

i think the closest is
0213 Computer and information systems managers
C20, is that definitely right? https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...ion-codes.html

Is it a company transfer?
Old Jun 17th 2020, 2:30 pm
Forum Regular

yeah, they are going to hire me out of a global mobility program (because inter company transfer doesn't quite work).

I just want to be sure C20 doesn't cause me any issues down the line...
Old Jun 17th 2020, 2:45 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

yeah, they are going to hire me out of a global mobility program (because inter company transfer doesn't quite work).
OK, it's rare that it would come under that rather than an intracompany transfer, so just wanted to check!

So your NOC would be eligible for points, as long as you meet the job offer criteria.

HTH.
Old Jun 17th 2020, 3:00 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
OK, it's rare that it would come under that rather than an intracompany transfer, so just wanted to check!

So your NOC would be eligible for points, as long as you meet the job offer criteria.

HTH.
Yes, currently i am not an employee of the company. So they couldn't do intracompany transfer.
I just wanted to make sure there is nothing blocking me from going for PR later on (as my friend mentioned with the UK case).

Could you add a bit more detail on how you arrived at the decision based on NOC please?
My current CRS is about 400, so after 1 year canadian experience It would be around 450 - so I can apply.
I wasn't thinking about the points for "job offer" - if this works, I can probably apply earlier and don't have to wait a year...
Old Jun 17th 2020, 3:14 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Yes, currently i am not an employee of the company. So they couldn't do intracompany transfer.
Ah, I see. As long as the company can prove the reciprocal arraignment for Canadians working in the UK then hopefully it will be all good.

Could you add a bit more detail on how you arrived at the decision based on NOC please?
Simply that it's a skilled NOC code.

I wasn't thinking about the points for "job offer" - if this works, I can probably apply earlier and don't have to wait a year...
You do, as you won't have a LMIA. So you must work in Canada for a year for your employer first before being able to claim those 50 points - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...mployment.html

HTH.
Old Jun 17th 2020, 3:26 pm
Forum Regular

Excellent. That should give me a CRS in the region of 500 after one year of working.

Thank you very much!
Old Jun 17th 2020, 4:47 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Excellent. That should give me a CRS in the region of 500 after one year of working.

Thank you very much!
No probs, good luck.