Bunac (Work Canada) --> PR

Old Aug 30th 2008, 11:56 am
Just Joined

Scottish_guy will become famous soon enoughScottish_guy will become famous soon enough
Post Bunac (Work Canada) --> PR

Hi all,

I'm a new member , posted on a few other threads but thought I'd try my own post. I know there are similar ones on here but wanted to describe my own situation if that was alright...

I'm taking part in Bunac Work Canada (non-student) and plan to go to Canada before the end of January '09. Like many others, I would love to Fast Track to Permanent Residency. I have read many wiki, websites, etc. and tried to take in as much as I can (I apologise if I still come across naive).

I would love to be working in something I.T. related, somewhere near Toronto. I know that I would meet Canadian National Occupational Classification for Permanent Residency but not as a Provincial nominee for that province. Also it probably wouldn't be in the software industry so I know I would need a Labour Market Opinion. I would also have over 67 points once I'm there, if that was needed to be known as well as I'm going myself but won't be marrying anyone over there, well to get a visa!

From what I've found out I should:
1. Be in a job that my employer is willing to offer me permanently. Also that the job meets the Canadian National Occupational Classification.
2. Ask my employer to apply for a Labour Market Opinion.
3. Submit a full Permanent Residency application form (along with a letter from my employer, typed on company letterhead, stating that I currently work for them and that they would give me a full-time, permanent position on an indeterminate basis if I were to be granted Permanent Residency. Some evidence that I'm employed by and being paid by the employer who wrote the endorsement letter, eg., copy of last few pay slips).

Hopefully the above it correct which would be my first question but also:
* Even if you're in the job already, you still need a Labour Market Opinion?
* How likely would an employer do a Labour Market Opinion, if it's a job which other people probably could do?
* I haven't summited a Permanent Residency obviously, should I even though I'm going through Bunac now or wait until I'm there and have the above information for a Permanent Residency application?
* Guess this all should be done within the 12-month temporary work visa from Bunac?

Hope that all makes sense - but think that's me done explaining and asking questions, well until someone says something and I'm like, huh?! I would really appreciate any replies from people who have been through this similar situation or has any knowledge on it.

Thanks in advance!
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 9:55 pm
Just Joined

Scottish_guy will become famous soon enoughScottish_guy will become famous soon enough
Exclamation Re: Bunac (Work Canada) --> PR

Can anyone help with any of the above? I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks.
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 11:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

roxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bunac (Work Canada) --> PR

Originally Posted by Scottish_guy
Hi all,

I'm a new member , posted on a few other threads but thought I'd try my own post. I know there are similar ones on here but wanted to describe my own situation if that was alright...

I'm taking part in Bunac Work Canada (non-student) and plan to go to Canada before the end of January '09. Like many others, I would love to Fast Track to Permanent Residency. I have read many wiki, websites, etc. and tried to take in as much as I can (I apologise if I still come across naive).

I would love to be working in something I.T. related, somewhere near Toronto. I know that I would meet Canadian National Occupational Classification for Permanent Residency but not as a Provincial nominee for that province. Also it probably wouldn't be in the software industry so I know I would need a Labour Market Opinion. I would also have over 67 points once I'm there, if that was needed to be known as well as I'm going myself but won't be marrying anyone over there, well to get a visa!

From what I've found out I should:
1. Be in a job that my employer is willing to offer me permanently. Also that the job meets the Canadian National Occupational Classification.
2. Ask my employer to apply for a Labour Market Opinion.
3. Submit a full Permanent Residency application form (along with a letter from my employer, typed on company letterhead, stating that I currently work for them and that they would give me a full-time, permanent position on an indeterminate basis if I were to be granted Permanent Residency. Some evidence that I'm employed by and being paid by the employer who wrote the endorsement letter, eg., copy of last few pay slips).

Hopefully the above it correct which would be my first question but also:
* Even if you're in the job already, you still need a Labour Market Opinion?
* How likely would an employer do a Labour Market Opinion, if it's a job which other people probably could do?
* I haven't summited a Permanent Residency obviously, should I even though I'm going through Bunac now or wait until I'm there and have the above information for a Permanent Residency application?
* Guess this all should be done within the 12-month temporary work visa from Bunac?

Hope that all makes sense - but think that's me done explaining and asking questions, well until someone says something and I'm like, huh?! I would really appreciate any replies from people who have been through this similar situation or has any knowledge on it.

Thanks in advance!
Hi,

I did Bunac and then became a PR.

Depending on what province you go you can fast track PR buy getting on to a Provincial Nomination Programme (PNP) which fast tracks your PR from 4 years to 6 months give or take some change.

When you go for PNP you do not have to apply for LMO but I did both PNP and LMO as I knew the PNP was going to be intense and my LMO came within 3 weeks and it was positive so I was able to pop to the border and get my 3 year visa which stablised me for my PNP.

Weather your employer will support you depends on a lot. Who they are, how big they are and if they want to keep you. It is hard to say really.

As soon as you get your 12 month open WV you should apply for LMO and PNP. Nova Scotia PNP is free and applying for an LMO is really painless and free. Your boss can do it online. It really is not hard to answer the questions. In fact my boss let me do it and she just signed the paper work. She is cool like that.

If you are thinking about going to Alberta then I wish you all the best. Waiting times for LMO's and PNP's there are LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG! They have all the Canadians they needs right now. No room for anyone else. NS is a lot Easier and ON are just figuring out their own PNP system.

Last edited by roxye3; Sep 2nd 2008 at 11:18 pm.
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 6:23 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by roxye3
Hi,

I did Bunac and then became a PR.

Depending on what province you go you can fast track PR buy getting on to a Provincial Nomination Programme (PNP) which fast tracks your PR from 4 years to 6 months give or take some change.

When you go for PNP you do not have to apply for LMO but I did both PNP and LMO as I knew the PNP was going to be intense and my LMO came within 3 weeks and it was positive so I was able to pop to the border and get my 3 year visa which stablised me for my PNP.

Weather your employer will support you depends on a lot. Who they are, how big they are and if they want to keep you. It is hard to say really.

As soon as you get your 12 month open WV you should apply for LMO and PNP. Nova Scotia PNP is free and applying for an LMO is really painless and free. Your boss can do it online. It really is not hard to answer the questions. In fact my boss let me do it and she just signed the paper work. She is cool like that.

If you are thinking about going to Alberta then I wish you all the best. Waiting times for LMO's and PNP's there are LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG! They have all the Canadians they needs right now. No room for anyone else. NS is a lot Easier and ON are just figuring out their own PNP system.
roxye3,

thanks a lot of your reply, always good to hear when someone is successful in what you're trying to acheive too!

As I said, I think I'm going to try for Toronto, ON, however I already contacted them and they told me that I wouldn't be able to do the PNP for the job I wanted. so looks like I'll just have to try for a LMO. Guess like you said, you never really know who easy that'll be a it depends on who you work for.

If you were able to reply back, could you just confirm that you think I should just wait until I'm there and apply for a LMO and not complete a Permanent Residency application before going? Think you pretty much answered the rest of my questions, thanks.

PS. Think I now have enough posts to recieve messages, etc. so if you could reply that to me or here - that would be great!

Thanks again, roxye3!
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 12:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

YYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scottish_guy
If you were able to reply back, could you just confirm that you think I should just wait until I'm there and apply for a LMO and not complete a Permanent Residency application before going? Think you pretty much answered the rest of my questions, thanks.

You can't apply for an LMO. Your employer has to apply for an LMO before you can get a TWP and there are strict rules to follow before they can apply for LMO.

You can't do PNP in Ontario because there is no PNP scheme for ontario. There was a pilot scheme for PNP running one year, which I think have ended now and is being evaluated.