BUNAC/USIT...

Old Oct 4th 2008, 12:22 pm
Forum Regular

The Lost Paddy has a spectacular aura aboutThe Lost Paddy has a spectacular aura aboutThe Lost Paddy has a spectacular aura about
Default BUNAC/USIT...

Hi,

Quick question if possible please, myself and other half went out a year back on BUNAC/USIT (her BUNAC me USIT) one year work visas, it was more of an extended reccy trip, which I now regret, as I could have used the year to greater effect, tried for work in Vancouver and applied for the PNP visa (which they have confirmed I'm eligible for) while on that one year visa.

My question is this, is there any way possible to get a second one year visa? We did not stay the full year either, only 7 months, would this make a diference?

Cheers very much!
Old Oct 7th 2008, 10:32 am
Forum Regular

The Lost Paddy has a spectacular aura aboutThe Lost Paddy has a spectacular aura aboutThe Lost Paddy has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: BUNAC/USIT...

Bump!!! If you dont mind!
Old Oct 7th 2008, 1:15 pm
Forum Regular

Tommyboy17 has a brilliant futureTommyboy17 has a brilliant futureTommyboy17 has a brilliant futureTommyboy17 has a brilliant futureTommyboy17 has a brilliant futureTommyboy17 has a brilliant future

Hey

The legnth of time that you stay make no odds to whether or not you'll get another visa, but you are allowed 2 in your life time.

So as long as you are under 30 you can apply for another one (the non student one) and use that.

However you need to be on your toes as they get issued and snapped up pretty quickly, not sure off the top of my head when the issuing is but have a feeling its around March. Best bet is to give Bunac a call and ask.

Let me know if you have any specific questions I can help with!

Tommy
Old Oct 7th 2008, 1:40 pm
Swollen Member

geo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond repute
Question Re: BUNAC/USIT...

Originally Posted by Tommyboy17
Hey

The legnth of time that you stay make no odds to whether or not you'll get another visa, but you are allowed 2 in your life time.

So as long as you are under 30 you can apply for another one (the non student one) and use that.

However you need to be on your toes as they get issued and snapped up pretty quickly, not sure off the top of my head when the issuing is but have a feeling its around March. Best bet is to give Bunac a call and ask.

Tommy
Oh- I've had three though! Two as a student and one as an Under-30!

Old Oct 7th 2008, 1:48 pm
Forum Regular

Tommyboy17 has a brilliant futureTommyboy17 has a brilliant futureTommyboy17 has a brilliant futureTommyboy17 has a brilliant futureTommyboy17 has a brilliant futureTommyboy17 has a brilliant future

Really? All through BUNAC?

Dunno if that means they dont enforce their own rules well or if you were just lucky!

Would you mind picking my lottery numbers?
Old Oct 7th 2008, 1:50 pm
Swollen Member

geo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond repute

Really? All through BUNAC?

Dunno if that means they dont enforce their own rules well or if you were just lucky!

Would you mind picking my lottery numbers?
Perhaps they changed their policy! I had my first in 2003 (only stayed three months) Came for a year in 2004-2005 and then back again in 2006. I'm still here thanks to "upgrading" it to a two year TWP.
Old Oct 7th 2008, 4:29 pm
Forum Regular

I'm unfortunately over 30, I went via USIT which is the Irish equivalent to BUNAC, I got out on this

http://canada.usit.ie/nonstudent_programme/

If I applied for it again what are the chances I could get a second??!

Cheers!
Old Oct 7th 2008, 4:31 pm
Forum Regular

Hey

Tommy

Cheers mate!

Ya have any expertise in USIT (Ireland) or is it just BUNAC?

Thanks again!
Old Oct 7th 2008, 5:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Vancouver, BC (originally from Huddersfield, W. Yorkshire)
adele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Lost Paddy
Cheers mate!

Ya have any expertise in USIT (Ireland) or is it just BUNAC?

Thanks again!
http://canada.usit.ie/nonstudent_pro...ligibility.asp

I have participated on this programme before, but on a different passport. Can I now apply with my Irish passport?
No, this is a once in a lifetime opportunity. Participants who have participated before will be rejected by the Canadian High Commission and will not receive a refund on the programme fee.

Unless you are eligible for a student visa now then no, you can't apply again because you can't have 2 non-student visas...
Old Oct 7th 2008, 6:16 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by adele
http://canada.usit.ie/nonstudent_pro...ligibility.asp

I have participated on this programme before, but on a different passport. Can I now apply with my Irish passport?
No, this is a once in a lifetime opportunity. Participants who have participated before will be rejected by the Canadian High Commission and will not receive a refund on the programme fee.

Unless you are eligible for a student visa now then no, you can't apply again because you can't have 2 non-student visas...
That's what I thought, was hopin I might sneak in a second time!
Old Oct 8th 2008, 7:12 pm
Forum Regular

Hey

I only know a bit on BUNAC as I have used them twice, once back in 2003 and currently here (Canada) again on another visa with them. First one studen this time the non student.

Tommy
Old Oct 8th 2008, 11:42 pm
Forum Regular

Hey

I only know a bit on BUNAC as I have used them twice, once back in 2003 and currently here (Canada) again on another visa with them. First one studen this time the non student.

Tommy
Cheers mate.