To Bunac or not to Bunac?

Old Mar 29th 2005, 7:38 pm
Forum Regular

carparkno1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default To Bunac or not to Bunac?

Quick question. I am from England, going out to see my gf for a year. Is it possible to get a working visa from another oute other than Bunac? I dont need orientation etc, I've been to Ontario 3 times in six months! I can sort my own flights etc, I just need the working visa. Any ideas?
Old Mar 29th 2005, 7:46 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: To Bunac or not to Bunac?

Hi

Originally Posted by carparkno1
Quick question. I am from England, going out to see my gf for a year. Is it possible to get a working visa from another oute other than Bunac? I dont need orientation etc, I've been to Ontario 3 times in six months! I can sort my own flights etc, I just need the working visa. Any ideas?
Unless you have a Canadian employer who is will to go the HRSDC certification route for a work permit (No CC/PR available for the job and they have advertised and you have the skills) or you fall into one of the 7 IT categories or fall into the categories in http://www.cic.gc.ca/manuals-guides/english/fw/fwe.pdf APP E , then Bunac it is.

PMM
Old Mar 29th 2005, 7:56 pm
Forum Regular

Ok thanks for your help. I'm kinda surprised that you can't just get the visa and do it yourself, the reason why I ask is because I will have somewhere to live, money won't be a problem, i just really want to work whilst I am with my girlfriend. I just hoped there was a way of doing it without all the extra stuff from Bunac that i don't need. But unless I get offered a job, I guess that's it!
Old Mar 29th 2005, 11:46 pm
Forum Regular

jorja is an unknown quantity at this point

I got a visa from BUNAC some time ago and I didn't get any extras from them, just the visa and I think a free long distance card. There was no time wasting orientation to attend or anything.
Old Mar 30th 2005, 7:05 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jorja
I got a visa from BUNAC some time ago and I didn't get any extras from them, just the visa and I think a free long distance card. There was no time wasting orientation to attend or anything.
Can i ask, did you have to pay the extra for everything else anyway? Like insurance and stuff. All i need is the visa itself, nothing else!
Old Mar 30th 2005, 7:11 pm
Forum Regular

jordan123 is on a distinguished road

Can i ask, did you have to pay the extra for everything else anyway? Like insurance and stuff. All i need is the visa itself, nothing else!
If you ring Bunac they will tell you all about the visa and whether you can it it on its own.
Old Mar 30th 2005, 8:58 pm
Forum Regular

Wookie Wayne is a jewel in the roughWookie Wayne is a jewel in the roughWookie Wayne is a jewel in the roughWookie Wayne is a jewel in the rough

I went through BUNAC, as long as you have not used them before for Canada and are of sufficient age it is a very easy way to enter the country. (They do all the paperwork!).

Wayne
Old Mar 31st 2005, 3:10 am
Forum Regular

If I recall I did have travel insurance to cover the first few months of my trip, but I can't remember it being obligatory. I could be wrong though as it was in 1999.
Old Mar 31st 2005, 12:23 pm
Banned

seabass is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jorja
If I recall I did have travel insurance to cover the first few months of my trip, but I can't remember it being obligatory. I could be wrong though as it was in 1999.
You have to pay extra for travel insurance, and you have to have it. It is a require ment that you get it through their insurance, which is a bit of a bitch cos it's quite a bit more expensive than other companies. ALthough you have to get a minimum 3 months, so I'm doing that and applying through another company befor ei go for the remaining time.

You do have to attend a meeting when you arrive, this is to get your SIN number so it is an essential
Old Apr 4th 2005, 8:10 pm
Forum Regular

I didn't attend an orientation when I arrived. I got my SIN through the usual channels.