Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

BUNAC Canada with a Criminal record??

BUNAC Canada with a Criminal record??

Old Dec 15th 2008, 5:47 pm
Forum Regular

Stew681 is just really niceStew681 is just really niceStew681 is just really niceStew681 is just really niceStew681 is just really niceStew681 is just really niceStew681 is just really niceStew681 is just really nice
Default BUNAC Canada with a Criminal record??

Hi there,

My brother has just sent his BUNAC application off and he had to include a cover letter with all his previous convictions etc. (Young and Dum!!) The majority of them were breach of the piece and the most serious was driving with no licence! (He's moved away from where he used to live and totally turned things around now.) He's getting worried that he,ll be refused the Visa and i dont have high hopes about it either. He was hoping to work in the Oilfields as a leasehand.

Does anyone know of anyone that has been granted a Visa through BUNAC with convictions?

(His last conviction was December 2006)

Thanks in advance for any advice/info

Regards

Stew.
Old Dec 15th 2008, 7:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

chumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BUNAC Canada with a Criminal record??

need to know his age please now and at time of convictions

plus punishment and date punsishment ended eg date fine paid or community service jail or whatever then will come back to you
Old Dec 15th 2008, 9:11 pm
Forum Regular

Stew681 is just really niceStew681 is just really niceStew681 is just really niceStew681 is just really niceStew681 is just really niceStew681 is just really niceStew681 is just really niceStew681 is just really nice

Age now = 26
Age at time of convictions = 17 through til 24

They were all fines ranging from 50 to 500 pounds, haven,t got the exact dates but the last one was paid off Aug this year for a conviction on Dec 2006.

Thanks,

Stew.
Old Dec 15th 2008, 10:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

chumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond repute

sorry its not good news 5 years must have elapsed from the date the punushment ends
eg 2013

only other avenue is to aplly for info only rehab or seek a temp resident permit( very diffeent to a temp res visa) the grounds for getting one of these must be very strong ie a need ot be in canada that benefits canada

as it stands the person is inadmissbale to canada even for a weekend break
have a good read of the cic website all is explained on there

good luck
Old Dec 15th 2008, 10:25 pm
Forum Regular

Ok thanks for your help Chumley!

You would think BUNAC would have told him that when he called them asking about his situation before he paid the application fee!!

Hopefully he's eligible to apply again in the future when his records acceptable..

Thanks,

Stew.
Old Dec 15th 2008, 10:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

stew dont whatever you do take my word for it im not an immgration lawyer/advisor or anything just a simpleton who has been through it all myself

having said this though I wouldnt touch so called immigration experts with a bargepoleI most certainly know more than a so called expert who no longer posts on here re crim rehab

never ever base such important life changing events like getting to canada on advice you read on a website no matter how well intentioned

I took notice from someone on here who told me no we definitly definitly would not be allowed into canada and we delayed for 6 months or more

well we are in and have got PNP within 7 weeks so there
could have been PR by now if I hadnt listed to to the doom and gloom merchants

if the person is determined enough there just might be a way to do it so never give up and good luck