Bunac

Old Dec 10th 2006, 4:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Vancouver, BC (originally from Huddersfield, W. Yorkshire)
adele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bunac

Originally Posted by KokiriChild
I hear BC's nice! I'm flying into Toronto sometime April/May 2007, and then out to Halifax to be closer to my girlfriend :-)

- KokiriChild
BC's great! I can't wait to spend another year there! Hope you enjoy your time in NS
Old Dec 10th 2006, 9:52 pm
Forum Regular

linzee_loulabelle is an unknown quantity at this point

theres lots of places i want to see in Canada and dont know the best way to go about it, any tips or advice?
Old Dec 11th 2006, 11:17 am
BE Forum Addict

adele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Re: Bunac

Originally Posted by linzee_loulabelle
theres lots of places i want to see in Canada and dont know the best way to go about it, any tips or advice?
Well, first decide which ones you want to see - maybe have a look through some guide books for ideas to start with? e.g. Lonely Planet Canada and then once you have some ideas you can then do further research online - find out the distances involved (many people don't realise just how huge it is and try to cram in too much into a very short time and end up spending more time travelling than actually seeing places - although the travelling can be part of the enjoyment if you go by road or rail and see the scenery en route)and best order to see them in, and then look at methods and costs of transport. And you can post on various forums for ideas/reviews of where to stay/not to stay and what to see/not to bother with.

www.tripadvisor.com is really good for accommodation and what to see (check out the reviews)

If you narrow it down a bit then I might be able to suggest other more specific websites.

There are lots of lovely places to see, so happy researching!

Adele
Old Dec 11th 2006, 11:47 am
Forum Regular

DragonBritt is an unknown quantity at this point

Im gonna fly to toronto i suppose lots of job oppertunites there. Well thats my starting point anyway. But i really wanna drive to different places. Probably get a very old car for $500 or something if there is one at that price lol. Can i drive if i have my UK license??
Old Dec 11th 2006, 1:05 pm
Forum Regular

toaster is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by DragonBritt
Can i drive if i have my UK license??
If you are a new resident you can use your UK licence for up to 60 days after you move to Ontario. After that, you must get an Ontario licence. It's $75. You'll have to surrender your British license completely, but you can get it back once you return to the UK.

More info:

http://www.mto.gov.on.ca/english/dandv/visiting.htm

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=340938
Old Dec 11th 2006, 1:30 pm
Woohoo! PR :D

SkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of light

Hi fellow bunac-ers

Me and Mr SB got our Non-student Bunac acceptances last week though were super keen and had them filled in and posted by 8.30am on the 1st

Mr SB's employer knows so he is ok for the reference. Mine does not and it would jeopardise my position for them to find out yet due to some complicated circumstances.

Do you think a senior colleague is an acceptable referee for the visa app? There is one who knows our plans and would probably do it if I asked.
Old Dec 11th 2006, 1:43 pm
Forum Regular

toaster is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by SkiBunny
Hi fellow bunac-ers
Do you think a senior colleague is an acceptable referee for the visa app?
Should be fine. Congrats!
Old Dec 11th 2006, 1:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by SkiBunny
Hi fellow bunac-ers

Me and Mr SB got our Non-student Bunac acceptances last week though were super keen and had them filled in and posted by 8.30am on the 1st

Mr SB's employer knows so he is ok for the reference. Mine does not and it would jeopardise my position for them to find out yet due to some complicated circumstances.

Do you think a senior colleague is an acceptable referee for the visa app? There is one who knows our plans and would probably do it if I asked.
I don't see why not - it's not the same as asking for an employment reference, this is a personal reference to state your suitability for the programme so a notable person who isn't a friend or family member is what's asked for.

Hope it all works out well for you - I'm so excited to be heading back on another BUNAC visa! Where are you headed & what are your plans?

Adele x
Old Dec 12th 2006, 9:13 am
Forum Regular

Will it matter if i send of my work authorisation back in January because im re newing my passport and wont get it back until january. Should i notify BUNAC??
Old Dec 12th 2006, 10:48 am
Forum Regular

grats all who have gotten acceptance. My plan is to go to Toronto first but i would also like to visit Ottawa, Calgary, Vancouver and maybe some other places along the way, idk really lol. Just not sure of how to go about it really.
Old Dec 12th 2006, 10:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Smile Re: Bunac

Will it matter if i send of my work authorisation back in January because im re newing my passport and wont get it back until january. Should i notify BUNAC??
BUNAC won't be sending the first batch of work auth forms off to the CHC until January anyway (it says that in the acceptance pack info). I won't be able to send mine to them till Jan either as it'll take till then for my personal reference to be done and sent to me. You won't need to inform them - the only prob with delaying any longer would be if you plan to travel in the early part of the year (say Feb/March) as you need to allow about 6 weeks for the processing from when CHC receive it from BUNAC. This is why the earliest arrival date in Canada under the programme is late Feb.
Old Dec 12th 2006, 11:45 am
Forum Regular

grats all who have gotten acceptance. My plan is to go to Toronto first but i would also like to visit Ottawa, Calgary, Vancouver and maybe some other places along the way, idk really lol. Just not sure of how to go about it really.
grats to u too. Im sure there can be internal flights you can catch to the different provinces. I might be doing that but im not sure depends where the job will take me.

Originally Posted by adele
BUNAC won't be sending the first batch of work auth forms off to the CHC until January anyway
i read they will send it early january. But i dont plan to travel until september.
Old Dec 12th 2006, 12:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

i read they will send it early january. But i dont plan to travel until september.
No worries then, just send it in when you get your passport back and they'll put it into the next batch to the High Commission
Old Dec 13th 2006, 12:42 am
Forum Regular

Yeah i thought of flying but thought the bus to some places may be better and also cheaper. Although some places can take 5 days to get to, im sure u will see some nice scenary along the way. maybe one way fly and one way bus, who knows lol. working 40-70 hours a week atm so i can go asap lol.
Old Dec 13th 2006, 1:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Smile Re: Bunac

Yeah i thought of flying but thought the bus to some places may be better and also cheaper. Although some places can take 5 days to get to, im sure u will see some nice scenary along the way. maybe one way fly and one way bus, who knows lol. working 40-70 hours a week atm so i can go asap lol.
Yeah it's a good point. If you were talking one end of the country to the other then flying is more comfortable for sure, but some journeys can be very enjoyable by bus. After finishing the winter season in Panorama I had a few nights in Calgary before heading back to Vancouver. I could've taken a short flight across, but I chose to take the Greyhound instead. It wasn't much cheaper but it did mean that I got to see all the beautiful little places en route the Transcanada highway. Yes, it took 14 hours instead of about 1, but it was a very pleasant day on the bus.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.