Bunac

Old Dec 6th 2006, 11:07 am
Forum Regular

linzee_loulabelle is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Bunac

well applied today, Dec 6th and website said im accepted and 4 working days till i get my acceptance pack anyone else applied yet?
Old Dec 6th 2006, 11:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Vancouver, BC (originally from Huddersfield, W. Yorkshire)
adele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: Bunac

Originally Posted by linzee_loulabelle
well applied today, Dec 6th and website said im accepted and 4 working days till i get my acceptance pack anyone else applied yet?
Hi Linzee,

Yes, I applied by mail (posted application form on Fri) and got acceptance pack today. It doesn't seem like two minutes since I was last going through the process, filling in the work authorisation form etc...but it was about 4 years ago!!!

Now I need to get employer's reference letter sorted...

I'm planning to fly to Vancouver in early October '07. Can't wait to get back out there! Anyone else?

Adele x
Old Dec 6th 2006, 11:36 am
Forum Regular

See i would have done it like that if id have known online applications werent going to be available until the 6th ><. Glad to hear that they get these things going really fast, so have you been on one of these before? Toronto here i come.... sometime lol
Old Dec 6th 2006, 11:40 am
Forum Regular

DragonBritt is an unknown quantity at this point

i posted mine on saturday and havnt received it yet apparently il be getting it in a few days. they told me they had received hundreds of applications on monday.
Old Dec 6th 2006, 11:41 am
BE Forum Addict

adele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Bunac

Originally Posted by linzee_loulabelle
See i would have done it like that if id have known online applications werent going to be available until the 6th ><. Glad to hear that they get these things going really fast, so have you been on one of these before? Toronto here i come.... sometime lol
Relax, it's only a couple of days difference - and you've got your place now anyway! Yes, I had a student WHV (before the non-student category even existed) and was in Canada from October 2003 for almost a year.

Do you have any more plans or do you just know that you want to head to Toronto?
Old Dec 6th 2006, 11:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by DragonBritt
i posted mine on saturday and havnt received it yet apparently il be getting it in a few days. they told me they had received hundreds of applications on monday.
I can believe it - on my acceptance letter it shows that i'm 'Non Student 000036'!
Old Dec 6th 2006, 11:45 am
Forum Regular

wow 36! i can imagine my mumber will be quit high seeing as i only applied today but at least im accepted
Old Dec 6th 2006, 11:46 am
Forum Regular

So what kind of work did you do Adele whilst in Canada, was rent high?
Old Dec 6th 2006, 11:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by DragonBritt
So what kind of work did you do Adele whilst in Canada, was rent high?
I spent the winter working in a ski resort - Panorama, south eastern BC, then had a couple of days in Calgary and then took the bus back to Vancouver, and stayed there through the summer and until it was time to come back to the UK. Then flew to Toronto to visit relatives and then flew back to Manchester from there. Whilst in Van I did temping admin work through employment agencies. In Pano I didn't pay rent as the accomm was provided with the job, but when I moved to Van I wanted to live right downtown and make the most of my time there so it wasn't the cheapest option! - I paid $600 pcm living in a brand new 2 bed condo with the owner being the other occupant (That was Summer 2004, it's more now!). We got on great and I loved my summer there. We're still close friends and talk on the phone quite often. It was great to see him again when I went back on holiday in October.

Might have to live a bit further out next time, depends on the $$$, where I work and how much I earn really!

Last edited by adele; Dec 6th 2006 at 12:01 pm.
Old Dec 6th 2006, 11:58 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by adele
I spent the winter working in a ski resort - Panorama, south eastern BC, then had a couple of days in Calgary and then took the bus back to Vancouver, and stayed there through the summer and until it was time to come back to the UK. Whilst in Van I did temping admin work through employment agencies. In Pano I didn't pay rent as the accomm was provided with the job, but when I moved to Van I wanted to live right downtown and make the most of my time there so it wasn't the cheapest option! - I paid $600 pcm living in a brand new 2 bed condo with the owner being the other occupant (That was Summer 2004, it's more now!). We got on great and I loved my summer there. We're still close friends and talk on the phone quite often. It was great to see him again when I went back on holiday in October.

Might have to live a bit further out next time, depends on the $$$, where I work and how much I earn really!
Sounds cool. im actually going to Toronto and then see where to go next. Im probably going sep 07 so should have funds ready by then. ill probably go for a 1 bedroom apartment or something, i wanna save money
Old Dec 6th 2006, 2:28 pm
Forum Regular

swoopdutch is a jewel in the roughswoopdutch is a jewel in the roughswoopdutch is a jewel in the roughswoopdutch is a jewel in the roughswoopdutch is a jewel in the rough

Hi Linzee,

Yes, I applied by mail (posted application form on Fri) and got acceptance pack today. It doesn't seem like two minutes since I was last going through the process, filling in the work authorisation form etc...but it was about 4 years ago!!!

Now I need to get employer's reference letter sorted...

I'm planning to fly to Vancouver in early October '07. Can't wait to get back out there! Anyone else?

Adele x
Hi guys

Posted app on Saturday and have not had acceptance confirmed yet but I did phone and they said I should expect to hear something by next week.

Wish you all the best on your travels, I'm off to Calgary....hopefully.

Dutch
Old Dec 6th 2006, 2:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by swoopdutch
Hi guys

Posted app on Saturday and have not had acceptance confirmed yet but I did phone and they said I should expect to hear something by next week.

Wish you all the best on your travels, I'm off to Calgary....hopefully.

Dutch
I'm sure the acceptance will all be fine, hope you enjoy Calgary (I used to go to Calgary airport twice a week every week for 4 months when working in Pano ). When do you plan on going?
Old Dec 7th 2006, 2:49 pm
Forum Regular

swoopdutch is a jewel in the roughswoopdutch is a jewel in the roughswoopdutch is a jewel in the roughswoopdutch is a jewel in the roughswoopdutch is a jewel in the rough

I'm sure the acceptance will all be fine, hope you enjoy Calgary (I used to go to Calgary airport twice a week every week for 4 months when working in Pano ). When do you plan on going?
Looking at heading out around the end of May.

Then the fun will really start

what about you??
Old Dec 7th 2006, 2:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by swoopdutch
Looking at heading out around the end of May.

Then the fun will really start

what about you??
I'm heading to Vancouver, not going till October because I'm going back to work in Norway again next summer (May - Sept). I'm really looking forward to it, I really miss Van
Old Dec 8th 2006, 12:59 pm
All BUNAC'd up -> NS

KokiriChild has much to be proud ofKokiriChild has much to be proud ofKokiriChild has much to be proud ofKokiriChild has much to be proud ofKokiriChild has much to be proud ofKokiriChild has much to be proud ofKokiriChild has much to be proud ofKokiriChild has much to be proud ofKokiriChild has much to be proud ofKokiriChild has much to be proud ofKokiriChild has much to be proud of

Hey!

Just found out about BUNAC, after looking at Temporary Working Visas etc, and I think (for me) that this is deffinately the way to go - so much flexibility!

Anyway, I have 3 questions:

1) As I've only just found out about this, and don't have the funds immediately available (damn Christmas!), do you think there'd still be non-student places available around January time?

2) Does anyone know how this would affect PR in any way, weather it helps or hinders? I want to settle permanently in Canada, and so at the moment am looking for any door in I can find, and BUNAC seems like a great way in :-)

3) Would it be possible to be issued with a work permit once the BUNAC programme is over, as I read somewhere that you cannot be issued with 2 working visas if one had expired within the last 12 months.

Thanks for all your help in advance!

- KokiriChild

Last edited by KokiriChild; Dec 8th 2006 at 1:02 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.