Brown Envelope!

Old Mar 17th 2009, 9:14 pm
Forum Regular

skier is on a distinguished road
Talking Brown Envelope!

Hi all,

well, after what felt like forever we received our med requests today!

We're planning on going to the place in Liverpool, does anyone know how much it might cost for me and my wife?

Still hasn't sunk in actually can't believe it's actually happening!

So you all know our timeline is/was as follows (always helped me to know when I read other peoples posts!)

Simplified skilled worker application sent: November 2006
AOR: January 2007
90 day letter received: November 2008
Documents submitted: 15th January 2009
Med requests: TODAY!

Your help is VERY much appreciated!

Martin & Belinda xx

P.S. We're planning on heading to Halifax NS... in case you were wondering
Old Mar 17th 2009, 9:19 pm
Forum Regular

mayersanna has much to be proud ofmayersanna has much to be proud ofmayersanna has much to be proud ofmayersanna has much to be proud ofmayersanna has much to be proud ofmayersanna has much to be proud ofmayersanna has much to be proud ofmayersanna has much to be proud ofmayersanna has much to be proud ofmayersanna has much to be proud ofmayersanna has much to be proud of
Default Re: Brown Envelope!

Congratulations

Sorry don't know about Liverpool for Meds we went to Altricham nr Manchester for ours.
Old Mar 17th 2009, 9:23 pm
Forum Regular

mr.mac has much to be proud ofmr.mac has much to be proud ofmr.mac has much to be proud ofmr.mac has much to be proud ofmr.mac has much to be proud ofmr.mac has much to be proud ofmr.mac has much to be proud ofmr.mac has much to be proud ofmr.mac has much to be proud ofmr.mac has much to be proud ofmr.mac has much to be proud of

CONGRATULATIONS Hope it all goes well!

Old Mar 17th 2009, 9:24 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mayersanna
Congratulations

Sorry don't know about Liverpool for Meds we went to Altricham nr Manchester for ours.
We were thinking about going to Manchester, but I think Liverpool's nearer to us (We're in Chester)...

So you know how much it might be? Got to find the $490 PR fee too!
Old Mar 17th 2009, 9:32 pm
Forum Regular

mayersanna has much to be proud ofmayersanna has much to be proud ofmayersanna has much to be proud ofmayersanna has much to be proud ofmayersanna has much to be proud ofmayersanna has much to be proud ofmayersanna has much to be proud ofmayersanna has much to be proud ofmayersanna has much to be proud ofmayersanna has much to be proud ofmayersanna has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by skier
We were thinking about going to Manchester, but I think Liverpool's nearer to us (We're in Chester)...

So you know how much it might be? Got to find the $490 PR fee too!
Hi i think we paid £130 for medical and £60 for x-ray each adult.

HTH
Old Mar 17th 2009, 9:35 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mayersanna
Hi i think we paid £130 for medical and £60 for x-ray each adult.

HTH
That's grand, thanks very much

$490 each PR fee, plus medical costs... It IS worth it right??

We hope so!

Thanks again.
Old Mar 17th 2009, 9:57 pm
Forum Regular

That's grand, thanks very much

$490 each PR fee, plus medical costs... It IS worth it right??

We hope so!

Thanks again.
I just sent my passports off today so I hope so.
Old Mar 17th 2009, 10:07 pm
Forum Regular

KS2008 is just really niceKS2008 is just really niceKS2008 is just really niceKS2008 is just really niceKS2008 is just really niceKS2008 is just really niceKS2008 is just really niceKS2008 is just really niceKS2008 is just really nice

Congratulations!
Old Mar 17th 2009, 10:13 pm
Forum Regular

LynseySmith is a jewel in the roughLynseySmith is a jewel in the roughLynseySmith is a jewel in the roughLynseySmith is a jewel in the roughLynseySmith is a jewel in the rough

Hi all,

We're planning on going to the place in Liverpool, does anyone know how much it might cost for me and my wife?

So you all know our timeline is/was as follows (always helped me to know when I read other peoples posts!)

Martin & Belinda xx

Tamsin 08 ( i think that's the name) recently recounted her experience of meds in lpool & costings in response to my similar query. Try a thread search. Lynsey
Old Mar 17th 2009, 10:16 pm
Forum Regular

LynseySmith is a jewel in the roughLynseySmith is a jewel in the roughLynseySmith is a jewel in the roughLynseySmith is a jewel in the roughLynseySmith is a jewel in the rough

Hi

just seen that you're in Chester! Whereabouts are you at the mo? I've just been lucky enough to get voluntary redundancy with the City Council, which will help me take some time off to arrange our move.
We just live in E Port, Stanney Oaks. I know that Altrincham is cheaper, but I think you need to go to central Manchester for the chest x-rays.
Old Mar 17th 2009, 10:23 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by LynseySmith
Hi

just seen that you're in Chester! Whereabouts are you at the mo? I've just been lucky enough to get voluntary redundancy with the City Council, which will help me take some time off to arrange our move.
We just live in E Port, Stanney Oaks. I know that Altrincham is cheaper, but I think you need to go to central Manchester for the chest x-rays.
It was Tamsin8. See if the following link works, otherwise search for Tamin8 under immigration forum.
Forum / Living & Moving Abroad / Canada / Immigration / DMP Liverpool for Medicals?
Old Mar 17th 2009, 10:57 pm
Forum Regular

Hi

HI yes we did go to Manchester for x-rays, but it was nice to have a go on that new tram thingy they have got over there. Altrincham to Manchester then five minute walk to x-ray place.
Old Mar 18th 2009, 8:28 am
Forum Regular

Location: We have bought a beautiful house overlooking a lake in High River!
Tamsin8 has a brilliant futureTamsin8 has a brilliant futureTamsin8 has a brilliant futureTamsin8 has a brilliant futureTamsin8 has a brilliant futureTamsin8 has a brilliant futureTamsin8 has a brilliant future

Hi all,

Martin & Belinda xx

Good morning!

We had our medicals in Liverpool last month, it wasnt the cheapest of days out but hopefully it was well worth it! If I remember rightly we paid £200 + vat per adult and £60 + vat per child for the medical part then £70 inc vat each for the chest xray. The chest x rays are done at a private clinic on Rodney St, Liverpool 1 and the medicals were done at The Elms medical Centre, thrse two places are about a ten minute drive apart. All in all the whole experience was fine and very simple, apart from the expense of course which right now we could do without!!! The lady doctor who carried out the medicals couldn't have been better, she was extremely pleasant, professional and friendly, also she was great with the children which is always a bonus!
I have previously posted a detailed account of what happens during the medical at Liverpool as Lynsey kindly informed you. I had read some horror stories before we went so I wanted to share my experience and put people at ease to save them worrying unneccessarily like I did! If you want to ask any questions please feel free to contact me, kind regards and lots of luck, Tamsin

Last edited by Tamsin8; Mar 18th 2009 at 8:34 am.
Old Mar 18th 2009, 4:27 pm
Forum Regular

DESERTFOX is just really niceDESERTFOX is just really niceDESERTFOX is just really niceDESERTFOX is just really niceDESERTFOX is just really niceDESERTFOX is just really niceDESERTFOX is just really niceDESERTFOX is just really niceDESERTFOX is just really nice

Congratulations and hope it goes well for you.

Does it mean we're waiting for the brown envelope as well then?
Old Mar 18th 2009, 7:58 pm
Forum Regular

Hi

Hi Lynsey,

we live in Christleton just outside Chester... and we're hoping to head to Halifax. Have you taken redundancy due to the Council split? My sister works at County Hall, she thinks she still has a job!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.