Brassic application for PR!?!

Old Aug 31st 2008, 1:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Esme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really nice
Default Brassic application for PR!?!

Has anybody, being in Canada on a TWP, successfully applied for permanent residency with NO SAVINGS and just a job?! I've been here 5 years now on a TWP and my savings are no longer (the last went to pay the tax man this year!). I was just wondering whether that would be frowned upon when my appolcation is complete or whether I should just hop on a plane home?!
Old Aug 31st 2008, 1:17 pm
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brassic application for PR!?!

Originally Posted by Esme
Has anybody, being in Canada on a TWP, successfully applied for permanent residency with NO SAVINGS and just a job?! I've been here 5 years now on a TWP and my savings are no longer (the last went to pay the tax man this year!). I was just wondering whether that would be frowned upon when my appolcation is complete or whether I should just hop on a plane home?!
Hi

It is my understanding that when you "land" as PR, if you have arranged employment or are already working then you are not required to provide proof of funds.

Here is a link to the CIC site which confirms this, hope it helps

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigra...lled/funds.asp
Old Aug 31st 2008, 1:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Esme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really nice

I've seen that but am a little sceptical as it doesn't specify that you can be here with NO FUNDS! They require 2 months bank account details and I'm struggling to have two months where somjething extarordinary doesn't crop up and cock up my 'smooth' system! I am looking for someone with actual experience of being broke - if you want to PM me rather than make a public declaration that would be great!
Old Aug 31st 2008, 2:09 pm
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

I've seen that but am a little sceptical as it doesn't specify that you can be here with NO FUNDS! They require 2 months bank account details and I'm struggling to have two months where somjething extarordinary doesn't crop up and cock up my 'smooth' system! I am looking for someone with actual experience of being broke - if you want to PM me rather than make a public declaration that would be great!
Hi

sorry that I misunderstood, hopefully you can get some further insight re this shortly

Good luck
Old Aug 31st 2008, 8:34 pm

ireland2canada is an unknown quantity at this point

I am looking for someone with actual experience of being broke
I have a lifetimes experience so far of being broke But that doesn't really help you!
As nikki dreaming has said, the rules state that if you have arranged employment or are already employed then you are not obliged to have the 'landing funds'. I wouldn't worry yourself overly. It might look bad if you produce a bank statement showing thousands of dollars of debt...but realistically what are they gonna do about that?! If you are just plain living hand-to-mouth broke that's not a problem AFAIK.

Best of luck!
Old Aug 31st 2008, 9:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

I had 10K GBP when I arrived here 5 years ago! I guess I shouldn't have moved around so much!
Old Aug 31st 2008, 9:07 pm

ireland2canada is an unknown quantity at this point

I had 10K GBP when I arrived here 5 years ago! I guess I shouldn't have moved around so much!
Not at all, if you enjoyed yourself then it's been worth every penny.
Now stop enjoying yourself and start saving for a rainy day