Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Block Letters and Checklists / PDF

Block Letters and Checklists / PDF

Old May 31st 2005, 6:09 am
Forum Regular

Alibastar is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Block Letters and Checklists / PDF

Hi folks,

We are double checking our completed application before sending and have found ourselves asking a couple questions.

1) The document checklist. The guides say to never leave anything blank and to mark items as 'Not Applicable'. How do we handle items in the checklist that are not applicable? Do we just not check them off?

2) We filled out the forms online using the PDF files. I discovered that the guide says to fill out all forms using 'block letters.' I assume that means all capital letters. I understand this if it is being written, but do they want all capitals for those being typed? I didn't see this on the forms themselves and used mixed case....but I will obviously redo them if I need to.

Has anyone had their forms returned for using mixed case when typing into the online forms?

Thanks again....
Old May 31st 2005, 6:29 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Block Letters and Checklists / PDF

1) mark non applicable items N/A in the checklist itself

2) block letter doesn't mean capital letters, it means what it says - block letters and such may be capital and small caps.

Originally Posted by Alibastar
Hi folks,

We are double checking our completed application before sending and have found ourselves asking a couple questions.

1) The document checklist. The guides say to never leave anything blank and to mark items as 'Not Applicable'. How do we handle items in the checklist that are not applicable? Do we just not check them off?

2) We filled out the forms online using the PDF files. I discovered that the guide says to fill out all forms using 'block letters.' I assume that means all capital letters. I understand this if it is being written, but do they want all capitals for those being typed? I didn't see this on the forms themselves and used mixed case....but I will obviously redo them if I need to.

Has anyone had their forms returned for using mixed case when typing into the online forms?

Thanks again....
Old May 31st 2005, 6:37 am
Forum Regular

Alibastar is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Block Letters and Checklists / PDF

Thanks again Andrew....it's good to see I won't have to fuss about retyping those forms....