Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Birth certificate name difference dilemma

Birth certificate name difference dilemma

Old Nov 25th 2004, 4:02 am
North Carolina layabout

Bendex is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Birth certificate name difference dilemma

Ok, please advise

My husband's birth certificate lists his birth name. However his parents divorced when he was 2, and his mother re-married when he was 4. He has never even met his biological father. Everything (NI number, passport etc) is same as his father (by marriage) surname.

Our immigration attorney has just informed us that due to the difference we have to re-do all of the forms to show the information of his biological father, rather than the only one he's ever known. Problem is, we don't know this information.....only have a name and date of birth.

I am so confused. Surely it would raise more questions if we file under biological name, as that surname doesn't match any other documents (marriage certificate, passport etc)...and wouldn't putting "unknown" for address cause delays in our application ?
Old Nov 25th 2004, 2:08 pm
North Carolina layabout

Bendex is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Birth certificate name difference dilemma

Sorry to bump it

Does anyone know how this will effect us ?

We would rather apply with known Dad..........can we?

Any help or advice would be appreciated