Default BIOMETRICS IN LONDON

Hey everyone!

So finallymy app started moving:
app received 13/08
AOR 3/10
SA 4/10
Biometrics request 4/10
Med Req 5/10

now my issue: I live in Edinburgh and to give my biometrics I will have to travel down to London as there is no other place in all UK.
I have been trying to book an appointment on their website for days without success (I can only register but then it just says ‘an error has occured), I tried doing it via phone multiple times but each time I get told ‘sorry we’renot allowed’, despite the fact that on their website it says I can book via phone. I tried enailing, live chats, everything.

On their website it also says they take walk ins withouth problems, but because I should travel from Scotland and miss 1 day of work, I am worried I will be turned out if there is no space for me.

Anyone went through this as a walk in and had no trouble ? I am realllllly stressing out now.

TA 😊
Old Oct 9th 2018, 1:37 pm
Knight of Constantinople

G0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BIOMETRICS IN LONDON

Originally Posted by LondonGirl92
Hey everyone!

So finallymy app started moving:
app received 13/08
AOR 3/10
SA 4/10
Biometrics request 4/10
Med Req 5/10

now my issue: I live in Edinburgh and to give my biometrics I will have to travel down to London as there is no other place in all UK.
I have been trying to book an appointment on their website for days without success (I can only register but then it just says ‘an error has occured), I tried doing it via phone multiple times but each time I get told ‘sorry we’renot allowed’, despite the fact that on their website it says I can book via phone. I tried enailing, live chats, everything.

On their website it also says they take walk ins withouth problems, but because I should travel from Scotland and miss 1 day of work, I am worried I will be turned out if there is no space for me.

Anyone went through this as a walk in and had no trouble ? I am realllllly stressing out now.

TA 😊
Thats VFS for you!

I would carry on ringing them and see whether if the issue is a technical one or something else.

I vaguely remember using their system for some Indian Visa Documents a while back. I think you have to use Internet Explorer (IE) for booking in. Try that browser and let us know.
Old Oct 9th 2018, 1:39 pm
Just Joined

LondonGirl92 is an unknown quantity at this point

I used IE to register and it worked just fine. But now to log in it just does not work anymore! Maybe I need a more updated version of it ?

In the mean time if anyone went as a walk in and would like to share their experience I would be grateful!
Old Oct 9th 2018, 3:29 pm
Knight of Constantinople

G0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LondonGirl92
I used IE to register and it worked just fine. But now to log in it just does not work anymore! Maybe I need a more updated version of it ?

In the mean time if anyone went as a walk in and would like to share their experience I would be grateful!
I think that you are one of the first going through the Biometric program in the UK. I've not seen anyone else on the forum give any experiences.

Judging by the distance I would recommend a train or plane journey. That should make it more bearable.

I've just had a look at the website. They do have a disclaimer for the 30 day rule at the bottom of the page.