BIG THANKYOU TO EVERYONE!

Old Sep 2nd 2011, 8:35 pm
Forum Regular

BrennaBoo is on a distinguished road
Default BIG THANKYOU TO EVERYONE!

My husband landed at Port Huron-Sarnia border last night.

With a few stresses at the border - we crossed - upon entry at the united states we had to go into the office - where the border guard denied us entry into the United States(after at first freaking, he explained, it wasnt a bad thing and that in fact, this is there protocal for a "flagpole".) We asked whether or not it would have an affect on us entering the US later on - he said that he clearly marked it in the notes our real reason being turned around was not due to inadmissibility to the states - just for us needing to land in Canada. (he also explained that canada does the same type of thing).....ANYWAYS...so, we headed across back to home - for my hubby to land - after meeting with the immigration officer, the officer asked him to fill otu some forms - she did some checking...and ...well, my hubby is finally a PR of canada - no more "unsureness" of our future in the same country together.

Thanks so much for everyone's assistance whenever we had questions(WHICH WAS SOOOO SOOO MUCH!). Our tag line throughout this whole process has been "when in doubt - ask expats!!"

You've all been so much help, thanks from the bottom of our hearts!!

Good luck to those finishing up their applications, those in limbo and those just starting to look at the applications, it's all possible, and I wish everyone the very very best!

xx
Old Sep 2nd 2011, 8:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

scribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: BIG THANKYOU TO EVERYONE!

Congratulations.

I'm glad it worked out and you are happy.

Cheers

Chris
Old Sep 2nd 2011, 9:22 pm
Forum Regular

BrennaBoo is on a distinguished road

thanks! Time to party now!!!
Old Sep 2nd 2011, 9:38 pm
Forum Regular

rodderzzz is a jewel in the roughrodderzzz is a jewel in the roughrodderzzz is a jewel in the roughrodderzzz is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by BrennaBoo
thanks! Time to party now!!!
Love reading these success stories We have now finished filling in our application and we are paying the fees online as we speak and will have it sent off this afternoon!

The countdown begins......
Old Sep 2nd 2011, 9:54 pm
Forum Regular

Jimjoiner is an unknown quantity at this point

Fantastic - well done you...

I really hope to follow in your footsteps soon
Old Sep 3rd 2011, 2:41 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

With a few stresses at the border - we crossed - upon entry at the united states we had to go into the office - where the border guard denied us entry into the United States(after at first freaking, he explained, it wasnt a bad thing and that in fact, this is there protocal for a "flagpole".) We asked whether or not it would have an affect on us entering the US later on - he said that he clearly marked it in the notes our real reason being turned around was not due to inadmissibility to the states - just for us needing to land in Canada. (he also explained that canada does the same type of thing)...
For the benefit of anyone else.

The way to avoid this "refusal" rigmarole is to have a plan in place to go into the United States for a good reason. Then you deal with any Canadian processes on return.
http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Trip_a...lagpole-Canada

Getting any kind of "refusal" on your record - irrespective of the reason - is not a good idea.
Old Sep 3rd 2011, 3:25 am
Glory glory Man Utd.....

leggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud of

With a few stresses at the border - we crossed - upon entry at the united states we had to go into the office - where the border guard denied us entry into the United States(after at first freaking, he explained, it wasnt a bad thing and that in fact, this is there protocal for a "flagpole".) We asked whether or not it would have an affect on us entering the US later on - he said that he clearly marked it in the notes our real reason being turned around was not due to inadmissibility to the states - just for us needing to land in Canada. (he also explained that canada does the same type of thing).....ANYWAYS...so, we headed across back to home - for my hubby to land - after meeting with the immigration officer, the officer asked him to fill otu some forms - she did some checking...and ...well, my hubby is finally a PR of canada - no more "unsureness" of our future in the same country together.

Thanks so much for everyone's assistance whenever we had questions(WHICH WAS SOOOO SOOO MUCH!). Our tag line throughout this whole process has been "when in doubt - ask expats!!"

You've all been so much help, thanks from the bottom of our hearts!!

Good luck to those finishing up their applications, those in limbo and those just starting to look at the applications, it's all possible, and I wish everyone the very very best!

xx
Wooooohooooo.....BrennaBoo I'm really pleased for you and your hubby

And I know just what you mean regarding your tag line during the whole process.......I was using pretty much the same one!!

Anyway, great news and best of luck for the future.....and I hope by now you are both enjoying a well deserved drink or two!

Old Sep 3rd 2011, 7:49 pm
JGK
BE Enthusiast

JGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond repute

I hope it works out better than when I flagpoled at Windsor ON in 2007. Every time I go to the states I get hauled into customs "for a chat".

I've had a redress application in to the DHS-TRIP service to get this corrected and after 6 months all I have is a letter saying they've gone through the files: They may/may nor have made necessary corrections but for security reasons they can't say what they've changed, what they've changed it to or where they changed it. The likelihood is I'll continue to get pulled in every time i visit the US regardless.