Which is the best option for me?

Old Sep 20th 2012, 2:47 am
Forum Regular

iBoBBa is a name known to alliBoBBa is a name known to alliBoBBa is a name known to alliBoBBa is a name known to alliBoBBa is a name known to alliBoBBa is a name known to alliBoBBa is a name known to alliBoBBa is a name known to alliBoBBa is a name known to alliBoBBa is a name known to alliBoBBa is a name known to all
Default Which is the best option for me?

Hi all, hope those those were waiting for their IEC Visa's this year got them and are having a great time in Canada.

As for me I arrived in May and loving it! Time is flying by and I don't want to leave, so I'd like to know the best route for me to go into staying here for a long time.

Bit about me, I'm 22 (23 on the 29th of September) and live with my girlfriend of 12 months. She's 30, born and raised in Canada but we met in England where she kidnapped me .

I live in Langley, BC and work in Surrey for 'Exclusive Floors' the best flooring (If not he best) company in British Columbia.

I'm currently here on the IEC working Visa and it runs out in May of 2013, I love this place and want to get 'things' moving along as I know it takes a while also before me and my girlfriend take it to the next step.

Appreciate any feedback.
Old Sep 20th 2012, 3:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Which is the best option for me?

Apply for a 2nd yr IEC visa when open.
See if employer is willing to apply for an LMO for you highly unlikely to be approved though unless they can prove no Canadians qualified to do your job and have applied on any job posted by your company.
After 12 months of living together she can sponsor you as common law.
Those are the best choices you have not in that order BTW. You decide which is best.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/index.asp
Old Sep 20th 2012, 4:15 am
Forum Regular

iBoBBa is a name known to alliBoBBa is a name known to alliBoBBa is a name known to alliBoBBa is a name known to alliBoBBa is a name known to alliBoBBa is a name known to alliBoBBa is a name known to alliBoBBa is a name known to alliBoBBa is a name known to alliBoBBa is a name known to alliBoBBa is a name known to all

Thank you, Im sure you helped me before too. As I was in England waiting for my Visa she came back to Canada to sort herself a job etc...can I still say 12 months?
Old Sep 20th 2012, 12:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iBoBBa
Thank you, Im sure you helped me before too. As I was in England waiting for my Visa she came back to Canada to sort herself a job etc...can I still say 12 months?
To qualify as common law then you must meet this requirement

Common-law partner

You are a common-law partner—either of the opposite sex or same sex—if:
•you have been living together in a conjugal relationship for at least one year in a continuous 12-month period that was not interrupted. (You are allowed short absences for business travel or family reasons, however.)

You will need proof that you and your common-law partner have combined your affairs and set up a household together. This can be in the form of:
•joint bank accounts or credit cards
•joint ownership of a home
•joint residential leases
•joint rental receipts
•joint utilities (electricity, gas, telephone)
•joint management of household expenses
•proof of joint purchases, especially for household items or
•mail addressed to either person or both people at the same address.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigra...-apply-who.asp
Old Sep 20th 2012, 6:51 pm
Forum Regular

We rented a room back in England together in november so it would be 12 months then, not sure how I could prove we were renting a room though. Also me being away from het waiting for my visa would that count as a short absence.