BC Tech PNP - IEC

Old Jul 24th 2022, 1:22 pm
Just Joined

Steve90 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default BC Tech PNP - IEC

Hi

I understand that one of the requirements for the BC PNP tech programme is to have a job offer from one of the tech NOC codes.

If I was actively working within in a job in that NOC code while on the IEC, could this be accepted towards the BC Tech PNP programme?

Thanks in advance
Old Jul 24th 2022, 1:52 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BC Tech PNP - IEC

Originally Posted by Steve90
Hi

I understand that one of the requirements for the BC PNP tech programme is to have a job offer from one of the tech NOC codes.

If I was actively working within in a job in that NOC code while on the IEC, could this be accepted towards the BC Tech PNP programme?

Thanks in advance
Yes, that would count as long as you meet the other requirements (i.e have a job offer for long enough, your employer is happy to support the application and do the paperwork etc).

HTH.
Old Jul 24th 2022, 2:25 pm
Just Joined

Steve90 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for your help

From the BC Tech PNP site:
If you apply with a valid job offer in one of the eligible tech occupations, your job offer must be for at least one year (365 days). The job offer must also have at least 120 days remaining at the time of application to the BC PNP.
Other than the employer providing a job offer that is highlighted above, is there anything else the employer would have to do?

If already in the job, would the employer have to specifically outline that I can work for another 120 days? Would the employer be expected to waive probation period etc?
Old Jul 24th 2022, 2:48 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Other than the employer providing a job offer that is highlighted above, is there anything else the employer would have to do?
Yes, they have to support the whole application. They have to complete a form and provide various paperwork, including evidence of meeting the employer requirements. Full details are on the BC PNP website (page 41 onwards is what you need) - https://www.welcomebc.ca/Immigrate-t...ram-Guide.aspx

If already in the job, would the employer have to specifically outline that I can work for another 120 days? Would the employer be expected to waive probation period etc?
You'd need to provide the job offer, and that must be valid for at least a year and 120 days after you apply. So for example, if you had a job offer that expired in December 2022, and you applied under the BC PNP, got an ITA at the beginning of September 2022 and then applied 2 weeks later i.e. mid September 2022, then that wouldn't be enough time so you'd need a new job offer letter. So the job offer must have 120 days left on it for the time you actually apply after an ITA.

HTH.