bc pnp accepted

Old May 28th 2014, 1:18 am
Forum Regular

palmerq is a splendid one to beholdpalmerq is a splendid one to beholdpalmerq is a splendid one to beholdpalmerq is a splendid one to beholdpalmerq is a splendid one to beholdpalmerq is a splendid one to beholdpalmerq is a splendid one to beholdpalmerq is a splendid one to beholdpalmerq is a splendid one to beholdpalmerq is a splendid one to beholdpalmerq is a splendid one to behold
Default bc pnp accepted

I have been accepted by bc using the pnp, got the letter today but it is dated may the 13th which is a bit annoying as my iec visa finished on the 25th of may(last sunday), I changed my self to a visitor online so I am allowed to be here.. So my question is what do I do know, do I just take the letter down to the border and get a work permit there ? or is there something else I need to do? Hopefully someone can help me here..
Old May 28th 2014, 1:34 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: bc pnp accepted

Originally Posted by palmerq
I have been accepted by bc using the pnp, got the letter today but it is dated may the 13th which is a bit annoying as my iec visa finished on the 25th of may(last sunday), I changed my self to a visitor online so I am allowed to be here.. So my question is what do I do know, do I just take the letter down to the border and get a work permit there ? or is there something else I need to do? Hopefully someone can help me here..
Congrats!

Yes, you can go to the border - take your letter of Nomination, a copy of your contract of employment/signed, passport, some pay slips (just in case you are asked to prove you have been working for them) and cash to pay for the TWP.

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Trip_a...lagpole-Canada

Old May 28th 2014, 1:45 am
Forum Regular

palmerq is a splendid one to beholdpalmerq is a splendid one to beholdpalmerq is a splendid one to beholdpalmerq is a splendid one to beholdpalmerq is a splendid one to beholdpalmerq is a splendid one to beholdpalmerq is a splendid one to beholdpalmerq is a splendid one to beholdpalmerq is a splendid one to beholdpalmerq is a splendid one to beholdpalmerq is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Siouxie
Congrats!

Yes, you can go to the border - take your letter of Nomination, a copy of your contract of employment/signed, passport, some pay slips (just in case you are asked to prove you have been working for them) and cash to pay for the TWP.

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Trip_a...lagpole-Canada

lovely thanks, I assume I can just use the visa card to pay? also is the letter I used for the pnp application good or do I need one dated recently, I applied at the start of the year?

So do I actually have to go into america? I already have the green card in the passport, I was there in april. Also was I correct in thinking that I can drive with a uk licence as long as I crossed the border and came back?

sorry for all the questions.. I'm a bit nervy now :S

thanks for the help
Old May 28th 2014, 2:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

BC PNP issue either a PNP nomination letter with a BC PNP certificate number or a BC PNP support letter as per section 5.27 of the TFW Manual and Appendix L of the same manual.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resourc...w/fw01-eng.pdf

If driving then Yes you will have to enter the USA and the I94 waiver (green card) is still valid so should be no problems. turn around or stay for the day then come back and get the TWP when crossing back into Canada and pay the $155.
You usually have 90 days to swap over licences.
http://www.icbc.com/driver-licensing...r-country.aspx
Old May 28th 2014, 2:26 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
BC PNP issue either a PNP nomination letter with a BC PNP certificate number or a BC PNP support letter as per section 5.27 of the TFW Manual and Appendix L of the same manual.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resourc...w/fw01-eng.pdf

If driving then Yes you will have to enter the USA and the I94 waiver (green card) is still valid so should be no problems. turn around or stay for the day then come back and get the TWP when crossing back into Canada and pay the $155.
You usually have 90 days to swap over licences.
http://www.icbc.com/driver-licensing...r-country.aspx
excellent thanks mate, I have a letter with the bc pnp certificate number on it..

I read this forum a lot when making the application, so I would like to thank you fellows (I read posts with posts from the 2 responders here alot) for your work on this forum, it was a great help,thanks a lot !
Old May 29th 2014, 3:06 am
Forum Regular

I drove across the border everything worked out fine, although the canadian guards I dealt with didnt seem to think I could change my status to visitor online, I though as long as I put the application in and pay the fee then I counted as a visitor(I did this the day before the iec ended, printed a screenshot of it too)..

anyway they gave a work permit for a year which was nice. I just have a couple more questions if someone would be so kind to answer..

First is my passport expires in september of 2015, I see the pr application can take a long time and I may need to extend or renew the work permit they gave me today, so I will also need to renew my passport. Renewing the uk passports seems to take at least 6 weeks so I am fine with just sending the passport away to be renewed a good few weeks before I have to apply for another work permit and stay in canada with no passport ? Would I take the work permit sheet out or send that too ? and does that affect the forms I would send to the cic for pr as they would have the passport expiry date of the old one and so on ?

also I was not sure if I was going to get the approval of bc so I didn't send away for the police check yet as it's fairly pricey but only takes 2 working days to process so I thought I would hold off until I received and answer on the pnp. But I notice on the advice sheet they include with the letter of acceptance, it says if you don't have the police check just send off the other forms(to avoid delays) with a note saying you will send it in when you receive it.. Is that a good idea ?
Old May 29th 2014, 9:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

I drove across the border everything worked out fine, although the canadian guards I dealt with didnt seem to think I could change my status to visitor online, I though as long as I put the application in and pay the fee then I counted as a visitor(I did this the day before the iec ended, printed a screenshot of it too)..

anyway they gave a work permit for a year which was nice. I just have a couple more questions if someone would be so kind to answer..

First is my passport expires in september of 2015, I see the pr application can take a long time and I may need to extend or renew the work permit they gave me today, so I will also need to renew my passport. Renewing the uk passports seems to take at least 6 weeks so I am fine with just sending the passport away to be renewed a good few weeks before I have to apply for another work permit and stay in canada with no passport ? Would I take the work permit sheet out or send that too ? and does that affect the forms I would send to the cic for pr as they would have the passport expiry date of the old one and so on ?

also I was not sure if I was going to get the approval of bc so I didn't send away for the police check yet as it's fairly pricey but only takes 2 working days to process so I thought I would hold off until I received and answer on the pnp. But I notice on the advice sheet they include with the letter of acceptance, it says if you don't have the police check just send off the other forms(to avoid delays) with a note saying you will send it in when you receive it.. Is that a good idea ?
Take the work permit out and renew your passport the normal way. You can extend the TWP online via the CIC website and apply for the Bridging Work Permit
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/departm...2012-12-17.asp
Old Jun 6th 2014, 1:29 am
Forum Regular

Hello again everyone, I am just finalising the cic forms and once again I have another question, I only seem to have a copy of my abbreviated birth certificate it that good enough ?

Also it says I need to send 6 photos of myself and of each member of my family wheter they are accompanying me or not.. Do I need photos of my parents and brothers and so on ?

Oh wait i see on the guide that is says "Family members

Your family members include your spouse or common-law partner, your dependent children and any children that are their dependent children."

my mistake :S

Last edited by palmerq; Jun 6th 2014 at 1:32 am.
Old Jun 7th 2014, 9:16 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

You've answered your own question about the photos, but with ref to the birth cert question I think it needs to be a full one. It doesn't take long to get one so you may be better off doing that rather than risking it being rejected.

HTH.
Old Jun 7th 2014, 8:11 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
You've answered your own question about the photos, but with ref to the birth cert question I think it needs to be a full one. It doesn't take long to get one so you may be better off doing that rather than risking it being rejected.

HTH.
Yes thanks for the reply, I didnt see the notes on the photos in the guidance forms right away, I just left the orginal question in, incase I misunderstood something..

I noticed on the checklist for the forms it says children under 18 need a full birth certificate but it doesn't mention that in the part about my birth certificate, you're right though better to just get the full one and send that off instead... thanks again
Old Jun 8th 2014, 12:39 am
Forum Regular

I am coming to the end of my questions about these forms soon I promise, I have a recent police certificate but I moved at the start of june and applied for the certificate in may so the address on the certificate will be different from the address on the forms, would that be a problem at all?
Old Jun 8th 2014, 1:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I am coming to the end of my questions about these forms soon I promise, I have a recent police certificate but I moved at the start of june and applied for the certificate in may so the address on the certificate will be different from the address on the forms, would that be a problem at all?
Did you notify CIC of your change of address? Police Certificates can be no older than 3 months old when submitted so as long as CIC can match it up then there should be no problems.
Old Jun 8th 2014, 3:24 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Did you notify CIC of your change of address? Police Certificates can be no older than 3 months old when submitted so as long as CIC can match it up then there should be no problems.
I havent sent the forms off to the cic yet, so the police certificate is very recent from mid may.. It's a bit of a weird situation, I had no idea if I was going to be accepted for pnp (I only got the letter on the 27 or 28th of may) so I gave my months notice where i was living and then come the time I was approved by bc the room was gone so i had to move so now my address has changed but when I applied for the police check it was at the old address so it will read my old address and when I send the forms into the cic it will have my new address.. but one of the forms asks you to list your addresses of the last ten years so my old address which is on the police certificate will be on that form, so I guess they can match it all up..

Sorry to keep asking things but it's a rather major process and it makes me quite nervous and I do realize it is better to get it sent off as soon as possible but I dont want to get anything wrong here :S...

thanks for all the help guys, this site has been most helpful !
Old Aug 13th 2014, 1:18 am
Forum Regular

Hello again everyone, does anyone know what the processing time at the cio in sydney are? I sent mine off on july the 2nd so it is coming up for 6 weeks now and they haven't sent it back or charged my visa card yet, so as usual i am getting worried about it.

It is hard to find info on the net about the normal processing times but from what i saw it seemed to be around a month before something happened.
Old Aug 13th 2014, 1:29 am
Pondering a career change

Mikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond repute

Hello again everyone, does anyone know what the processing time at the cio in sydney are? I sent mine off on july the 2nd so it is coming up for 6 weeks now and they haven't sent it back or charged my visa card yet, so as usual i am getting worried about it.

It is hard to find info on the net about the normal processing times but from what i saw it seemed to be around a month before something happened.
Not sure about PNP applications at CIO Sydney but for FSW, FSW2 and FSW3 it's currently taking 3-4 months to be processe and card charged and a further month for PER

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.