BC LMO

Old Sep 16th 2011, 7:22 pm
Just Joined

EmilyScarlett is an unknown quantity at this point
Default BC LMO

Does anyone know the current processing times for BC LMO's?
Old Sep 16th 2011, 7:57 pm
Just Joined

neilottawa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: BC LMO

6-10 weeks. I am at the end of week 4.
Old Sep 16th 2011, 8:32 pm
Just Joined

EmilyScarlett is an unknown quantity at this point

woaw, thank you. Good luck with yours, ive heard the longer it takes the more likely its to be approved, as in it only takes 2 weeks for them to send back a gegative one, I cant apply for mine untill the 29th sep, and my current Visa runs out on January 18th, I am also returning home over christmas, so am worried I wont have enough time for it all to process
Old Sep 17th 2011, 1:27 pm
Island life at last

helcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EmilyScarlett
woaw, thank you. Good luck with yours, ive heard the longer it takes the more likely its to be approved, as in it only takes 2 weeks for them to send back a gegative one, I cant apply for mine untill the 29th sep, and my current Visa runs out on January 18th, I am also returning home over christmas, so am worried I wont have enough time for it all to process
That is not true at all.

The time to process LMO in B.C has risen sharply over the summer - when my husband did his in June 2010 and again in May 2011 it was 4 weeks start to finish.
This is probably mainly because of the changes to the system which are taking place and the tightening up of the requirements and checks on the employers applying for LMO.

A negative decision can and will be given at any point in the processing if HRSDC have any doubts that the job is in shortage or that the employer has made sufficient efforts to recruit from the Canadian workforce.

The new program requirements are here (just for anyone looking at this thread and not sure where to find them)

http://www.hrsdc.gc.ca/eng/workplace...lication.shtml
One worrying thing and worth noting is that all the LMOs issued for a individual employer can be revoked if they have not yet been activated into TWP if the employer is found to have been none-compliant with the regulations.

I think that is very hard on any other Temporary Foreign Workers who have got positive LMO and have made plans to get their TWP later (you have 6 months from LMO issue to do this normally) only to find that their employer has tried to pull a fast one with a totally different applicant, been found out and had all their current LMO decisions revoked.

I would advise all successful LMO applicants from now on the apply for their TWP right away just in case.