Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Bank Statement and Work Experience Letter

Wikiposts

Bank Statement and Work Experience Letter

Old Mar 22nd 2006, 8:33 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Utah to New York and New York to Quebec or Elsewhere, confused!
Utah2Quebec is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Bank Statement and Work Experience Letter

This is for Quebec Skilled Worker:

I got my bank statement and work experience letter in January 12, 2006, but I have not been able to send my application until now.

Do you think my bank statement and work experience letter are too old to include with my application? How long can I wait before my documents expire?

Thanks
Old Mar 22nd 2006, 11:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

MarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bank Statement and Work Experience Letter

Work experience presumably won't matter, unless you're claiming more experience since the letter was sent. But I'd get an up-to-date bank statement, otherwise they could wonder whether you spent all the money between then and now.
Old Mar 25th 2006, 11:20 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Utah to New York and New York to Quebec or Elsewhere, confused!
Utah2Quebec is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MarkG
Work experience presumably won't matter, unless you're claiming more experience since the letter was sent. But I'd get an up-to-date bank statement, otherwise they could wonder whether you spent all the money between then and now.
Thanks MarkG for your time and reply.

I am not claiming more points for work experience. The part I am worried about is the bank statement. I moved to a new place for job and my money is still in a local bank where I used to live. I am not sure how I am going to get a new bank statement if I am not present in the bank. I can access my account info online, but when I print the statement, it does not show my name and account number in the print copy.

I am going to send the old bank statement and hope they are not going to return my application for that reason. Any idea on this?
Old Mar 26th 2006, 10:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

MarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond repute

If you're applying now you could include the printout as well and mention the problems with getting an up-to-date statement direct from the bank: since you'll have to provide further proof of funds later anyway, they may well accept that for the initial application.