Wikiposts

bank statement (how many months?)

Old Nov 13th 2009, 3:02 am

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: bank statement (how many months?)

Originally Posted by aybee_bose
Hello members,

I applied for me PR under the FSW. I have a questions about the funds. I have around 80% of the required funds in cash. I am thinking of borrowing the rest from my brother. I do agree with 'Aviator'. Friends and family do help out, why won't they.

Now i want to ask is that is the 'Borrow' term may get me into trouble ?

Do they ask that from where did the fund come from ?

Regards,
From CIC website.

'You must show that you have enough money to support yourself and your dependants after you arrive in Canada. You cannot borrow this money from another person.'

http://www.cic.gc.ca/English/immigra...lled/funds.asp
Old Nov 13th 2009, 11:20 am

Bali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond repute

A related question - not meaning to hijack - can it be more than one account?

Otherwise I will need to rationalise & probably still keep statements from both to prove the funds came from my accounts in the first place.

Thanks
Bali
Old Nov 13th 2009, 12:22 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bali2010
A related question - not meaning to hijack - can it be more than one account?

Otherwise I will need to rationalise & probably still keep statements from both to prove the funds came from my accounts in the first place.

Thanks
Bali
Don't see why it cannot be in a dozen places, so long as you can prove it.
Old Nov 13th 2009, 2:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

MarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Aviator
Don't see why it cannot be in a dozen places, so long as you can prove it.
Mine was in six different accounts and didn't cause any problems. Of course each account had more than the minimum required total amount .
Old Nov 13th 2009, 7:42 pm

Bali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MarkG
Mine was in six different accounts and didn't cause any problems. Of course each account had more than the minimum required total amount .
There isn't a green smilie to express my envy....
Old Nov 13th 2009, 10:44 pm
Forum Regular

Bibendum is an unknown quantity at this point

There isn't a green smilie to express my envy....
LOL, I have stuck my house down as proof of funds and got a house valuation. does that count? it says "unencumbered" so I took off the remainder of the mortgage.
Old Nov 14th 2009, 9:36 am

Originally Posted by Bibendum
LOL, I have stuck my house down as proof of funds and got a house valuation. does that count? it says "unencumbered" so I took off the remainder of the mortgage.
Ah, I wondered about that too when filling in the form for CIO.
In the end, there was some debate about whether it was ok to use equity - some have, but I think the comments were that it is not strictly 100% to the letter of instructions but London seem ok.

In the end I didn't.

I'll look for the thread & add a link.
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ighlight=funds

Bali

Last edited by Bali2010; Nov 14th 2009 at 9:41 am. Reason: link added
Old Nov 14th 2009, 9:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Bucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond repute

Ah, I wondered about that too when filling in the form for CIO.
In the end, there was some debate about whether it was ok to use equity - some have, but I think the comments were that it is not strictly 100% to the letter of instructions but London seem ok.

In the end I didn't.

I'll look for the thread & add a link.
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ighlight=funds

Bali
It's my understanding that London is the only visa office that will accept proof of equity as part of the proof of funds figure, but only for the initial application (after receipt of the 120 day letter) - proof of equity will not be sufficient when you come to land in Canada, then you need the real money in your account.
Old Nov 14th 2009, 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by MarkG
I don't recall ever being asked to show any savings when I moved over.
Old Nov 14th 2009, 7:36 pm
Forum Regular

Bibendum is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by The Aviator
I don't recall ever being asked to show any savings when I moved over.
mmm... in the immigration guide it says "value may be in the form of property or other assets but not in jewellery or cars etc."

seems like double standards?!
Old Nov 15th 2009, 5:33 am
Just Joined

stephy is an unknown quantity at this point

Borrowing some from close relatives are better. You will not touch their money anyway. Like we are doing now due to our application I opened another bank acct. and my in laws will lend us enough amount as our show money. As a security for my in laws money we will just give them all cards, bank book etc issued to us for them to trust us that money will not be touched or spent. That we are genuine that we only need it for our application.
Old Nov 15th 2009, 5:42 am
BE Forum Addict

bodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to behold

mmm... in the immigration guide it says "value may be in the form of property or other assets but not in jewellery or cars etc."

It may have been a while since the Aviator moved. The rule you quote is the current rule.

There are reports of posters here that have landed without being asked for proof of funds at the point of entry, but even those would have had provide the proof at the point of application.
Old Nov 15th 2009, 7:56 am

Originally Posted by bodgerx
It may have been a while since the Aviator moved. The rule you quote is the current rule.

There are reports of posters here that have landed without being asked for proof of funds at the point of entry, but even those would have had provide the proof at the point of application.
Moved in 94/95, was not asked for proof of funds at Port of Entry, may have had to make a statement of net worth with the application though.
Old Nov 15th 2009, 11:42 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stephy
Borrowing some from close relatives are better. You will not touch their money anyway. Like we are doing now due to our application I opened another bank acct. and my in laws will lend us enough amount as our show money. As a security for my in laws money we will just give them all cards, bank book etc issued to us for them to trust us that money will not be touched or spent. That we are genuine that we only need it for our application.
Bear in mind that CIC clearly state the money must not be borrowed - and CIC can ask you to prove it's not and to prove where you obtained it from.

Old Nov 16th 2009, 12:23 am
Living life again!!!!!!!

Falcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond repute

We are sending proof of our savings which are over the minimum ammount and then proof of the equity in our house just to be sure!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.