Wikiposts

bank statement (how many months?)

Old Oct 28th 2009, 4:54 am
Forum Regular

loety is just really niceloety is just really niceloety is just really niceloety is just really niceloety is just really niceloety is just really niceloety is just really niceloety is just really niceloety is just really nice
Default bank statement (how many months?)

Hi,

When supplying bank statement as proof of fund, is the latest bank statement enough or does they require the last 3 months?

Thank you
Old Oct 28th 2009, 5:12 am
BE Forum Addict

joinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: bank statement (how many months?)

Originally Posted by loety
Hi,

When supplying bank statement as proof of fund, is the latest bank statement enough or does they require the last 3 months?

Thank you
Hi loety
I supplied my last 6 months plus proof of where funds came from, but would think 3 months will be ok provided you can prove funds are unencumbered if asked.
regards
Joinerboy
Old Oct 28th 2009, 8:40 am
Forum Regular

loety is just really niceloety is just really niceloety is just really niceloety is just really niceloety is just really niceloety is just really niceloety is just really niceloety is just really niceloety is just really nice

Thank you Joinerboy for your reply.
Old Oct 28th 2009, 10:21 am

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Only the current one is proof of funds on hand. What you had 3 months ago could be long gone and is only proof of movement of funds through an account.
Old Oct 28th 2009, 11:54 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by The Aviator
Only the current one is proof of funds on hand. What you had 3 months ago could be long gone and is only proof of movement of funds through an account.

And that is precisely why depending on the CIC/CHC offices, they ask for 3 or 6 months of bank statements to see if the settlements "appear" to have been borrowed.
Old Oct 28th 2009, 12:06 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

And that is precisely why depending on the CIC/CHC offices, they ask for 3 or 6 months of bank statements to see if the settlements "appear" to have been borrowed.
So if you are going to borrow it, do so 6 months ahead of sending in your docs!
Old Oct 29th 2009, 4:23 am
Edo
BE Forum Addict

Edo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Aviator
So if you are going to borrow it, do so 6 months ahead of sending in your docs!
But who will lend someone thousands of £££ for such a long time?
Old Oct 29th 2009, 5:07 am
BE Forum Addict

bodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Edo
That's exactly why 3-6 months of statements are preferred.
Old Oct 29th 2009, 6:03 am
Just Joined

sasalana is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Edo
I do perfectly agree with your post, nobody will borrow anybody such amount of money for that long period of time, I do think, what is most important is that, the money is there at the time one is submitting the documents or may be additional letter to back up the money from the back
Old Oct 29th 2009, 6:36 am
BE Forum Addict

joinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sasalana
I do perfectly agree with your post, nobody will borrow anybody such amount of money for that long period of time, I do think, what is most important is that, the money is there at the time one is submitting the documents or may be additional letter to back up the money from the back
Hi sasalana
Required funds ( amount dependant on number of applicates & type of visa ) need to be unencumbered when you land .
regards
Joinerboy
Old Oct 29th 2009, 6:56 am
BE Forum Addict

bodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to behold

I think the word is 'lend' Yes, it is unlikely for that period, and this is exactly why they prefer bank statements for this period!

What is important is that the money is unencumbered by debt - that is why they ask for what they ask...
Old Oct 29th 2009, 9:36 am

Originally Posted by Edo
Parents or other relatives as an example. Many of people have family members who would help them out.
Old Oct 29th 2009, 9:38 am

nobody will borrow anybody such amount of money for that long period of time
Bit of a sweeping statement as you probably don't know everybody do you? I have lent relatives money for extended periods, family have helped me out in the past. Not to mention it is not really a huge sum involved.

Last edited by Aviator; Oct 29th 2009 at 10:00 am.
Old Oct 29th 2009, 9:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Near Colchester, Essex hoping to go to Port Moody, BC
singingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to behold

I asked an immo officer at Emigrate last year how many bank statements and she said 6 months worth. Haven't seen that in writing though.
Old Nov 13th 2009, 2:06 am
Forum Regular

aybee_bose is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello members,

I applied for me PR under the FSW. I have a questions about the funds. I have around 80% of the required funds in cash. I am thinking of borrowing the rest from my brother. I do agree with 'Aviator'. Friends and family do help out, why won't they.

Now i want to ask is that is the 'Borrow' term may get me into trouble ?

Do they ask that from where did the fund come from ?

Regards,

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.