Bad experience of Medicals??

Old Dec 16th 2008, 10:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

z030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to behold
Default Bad experience of Medicals??

I was just wondering if anyone has had any bad experiences when having their medicals done?

I've heard that you have to strip completely and it just doesn't seem right. I only just received my 90 day letter in Oct so I have a while to go yet but I'm actually really quite concerned about this

I'm in the London (UK) area, so if anyone knows of any good places, please please let me know!! Equally, if you know of any bad places, where I really shouldn't go, please let me know too I'm sure many people would love to know too............

Thanks guys
Old Dec 16th 2008, 10:40 pm
Logical & Hot Stuff

FlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bad experience of Medicals??

Originally Posted by z030209
I was just wondering if anyone has had any bad experiences when having their medicals done?

I've heard that you have to strip completely and it just doesn't seem right. I only just received my 90 day letter in Oct so I have a while to go yet but I'm actually really quite concerned about this

I'm in the London (UK) area, so if anyone knows of any good places, please please let me know!! Equally, if you know of any bad places, where I really shouldn't go, please let me know too I'm sure many people would love to know too............

Thanks guys
Hi z.....not sure if your referring to the thread on the Aus Forum....shocking really and should never have happened.....our medicals where very straight forward and no getting naked at all....I on the other hand was very disappointed

Ooops ...I shortened your name....can't be doing with all those numbers

Last edited by FlirtyKnickers; Dec 16th 2008 at 11:35 pm.
Old Dec 16th 2008, 11:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

z030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to behold

Hahaha, thanks flirtyyy!!

When i signed up to BE I never realised that it was gunna be used as my 'name' and now it can't be changed so whatever! lol, kinda funny really...

No, it's not just the Aussie one. Apparently, I've read and heard from a few people that they've had really bad experiences of meds and the last thing I wanna do is get naked cos I honestly don't think there's any need for it and you hear these nasty stories about weird doctors and stuff so I'm just concerned.. I'm gunna take a mate with me hopefully but still, I dunno! Humpf!
Old Dec 16th 2008, 11:10 pm
Logical & Hot Stuff

FlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by z030209
Hahaha, thanks flirtyyy!!

When i signed up to BE I never realised that it was gunna be used as my 'name' and now it can't be changed so whatever! lol, kinda funny really...

No, it's not just the Aussie one. Apparently, I've read and heard from a few people that they've had really bad experiences of meds and the last thing I wanna do is get naked cos I honestly don't think there's any need for it and you hear these nasty stories about weird doctors and stuff so I'm just concerned.. I'm gunna take a mate with me hopefully but still, I dunno! Humpf!
When we had ours the only person allowed in was my husband with my son, he's 12! Not sure your friend could come into the room while the medical is taking place.....try not to worry...i had to open my bra so he could check by boobs...and he did say if that i could have it done at my own GP and forward the results to him...but to be honest it was over in a 20 seconds....and i had to open my jeans so he could feel my tummy...thats all love. The rest is weight, height, eye sight and hearing test...blood pressure and urine test. We had our Xrays and blood done at a different hospital and that took minutes too... So you won't be getting naked ...honest!
Old Dec 16th 2008, 11:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Caitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond repute

mine didn't even do that. the worst was the 'there's the bathroom, here's a cup, go pee' bit.

and the x-ray. but i was wearing your traditional paper gown for that.
Old Dec 16th 2008, 11:23 pm
Logical & Hot Stuff

Originally Posted by Caitilin
mine didn't even do that. the worst was the 'there's the bathroom, here's a cup, go pee' bit.

and the x-ray. but i was wearing your traditional paper gown for that.
Same here with the x-ray....blue paper gown thingy Over in a flash...no pun intended
Old Dec 16th 2008, 11:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

hey.........

okay, thanks guys, its sounds kinda normal then...... should be an experience if anything i guess.

im gunna try and get a lady doc anyways if i can but if i cant and i feel uncomfortable, i can always run..... just as soon as i've put my clothes back on

thanks soooo much guys, i feel a little better!!

Old Dec 17th 2008, 12:11 am
Forum Regular

dieseltank is a glorious beacon of lightdieseltank is a glorious beacon of lightdieseltank is a glorious beacon of lightdieseltank is a glorious beacon of lightdieseltank is a glorious beacon of lightdieseltank is a glorious beacon of lightdieseltank is a glorious beacon of lightdieseltank is a glorious beacon of lightdieseltank is a glorious beacon of lightdieseltank is a glorious beacon of lightdieseltank is a glorious beacon of light

I think your experience will really depend on the doctor you see.

My wife saw one doctor and was done in about 20 minutes and hardly had to take her coat off. I saw a different doctor and had to be in my birthday suit while coughing (enough said). I even had to stand with my eyes closed with my arms out for about 5 mins to check my balance..

You'll be fine...

"How much do you drink on average"
"Very little doctor, maybe a couple of glasses of wine and a few beers a day... sorry I meant a week"
Old Dec 17th 2008, 2:04 am

terese677 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dieseltank
I think your experience will really depend on the doctor you see.

My wife saw one doctor and was done in about 20 minutes and hardly had to take her coat off. I saw a different doctor and had to be in my birthday suit while coughing (enough said). I even had to stand with my eyes closed with my arms out for about 5 mins to check my balance..

You'll be fine...

"How much do you drink on average"
"Very little doctor, maybe a couple of glasses of wine and a few beers a day... sorry I meant a week"
same here, no getting naked for me. height weight, BP, urine tested and tummy felt and questions re drinking and smoking. no problem.
Good luck
Terese
Old Dec 17th 2008, 7:23 am
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Please don't worry re meds, we went to Number One Health Harley Street London, excellent, really friendly, efficient and it was all over within an hour for all of us. The xray was taken at a place just down the road(5 mins walk) and was booked straight before the actual meds.

Meds as far as me was weight, height, blood pressure, listened to chest, eye test, checked eyes, ears and mouth with a light, felt the glands on my neck,asked couple of questions re med history, no stripping off or anything like that

Cannot recommend Harley Street doc enough

Here is their link

http://www.numberonehealth.co.uk/dyn...ng&pageid=Mzc=

Good luck
Old Dec 17th 2008, 9:39 am
BE Enthusiast

minimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud of

We went to Number One Health at Harley St too. I had a female doctor who was lovely. Had to strip down to my undies and had my breasts examined and my tummy felt, height, weight, BP, reflexes and urine, then blood tests and eye test when I was fully dressed again. I was only undressed for about 5 mins.
Chest Xrays they give you a gown to put on.

I'd highly recommend Harley St. We got next day appointments and didn't have to wait ages to be seen either. Easily accessible with tube stops around the corner
Old Dec 17th 2008, 9:42 am
Forum Regular

treehavn is just really nicetreehavn is just really nicetreehavn is just really nicetreehavn is just really nicetreehavn is just really nicetreehavn is just really nicetreehavn is just really nicetreehavn is just really nicetreehavn is just really nicetreehavn is just really nice

My Bloke went to the place in Knightsbridge as it was slightly cheaper than Harley Street. It was all standard medical stuff - even when the doctor had to check his, uh, equipment, all he did was whip back the sheet, ascertain that it was there, and that was it. As other's have said, depends on the doctor but I would imagine that 99.9% of them are totally professional and uninterested in gawping at someone in the buff.
Old Dec 17th 2008, 2:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Awwww, thanks so much guys! I feel a lot much better. I shall let you know how it goes.........

Old Dec 17th 2008, 2:29 pm
Banned

Auld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond repute

Remember what a doctor once said:-

"When you have seen one, you have NOT seen them all".
Old Dec 17th 2008, 5:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Vancouver, BC (originally from Huddersfield, W. Yorkshire)
adele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond repute

Hi z030209

In my experience the medical was nothing to worry about and not too 'revealing' - although I get the impression that it probably varies depending on which DMP you go to. I had mine done at Leeds, so probably not the one you'll choose, but still you might find it useful to read my account of what happened at mine back in March:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...53#post6062853

I'm sure with word of mouth on here you'll find a DMP who'll put you at your ease and not get you in your birthday suit

Best wishes,

Adele

Last edited by adele; Dec 17th 2008 at 5:15 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.