Background declaration, q. 11

Old Sep 29th 2006, 3:08 pm
Forum Regular

Faerine is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Background declaration, q. 11

Hello,

I am looking at the background declaration form, q. 11. "Give details of what you have been doing during the past 10 years or since age 18, whichever period is longer, starting with the most recent information. Include
jobs held, periods of unemployment, periods of study and any other use of time, such as time spent travelling in search of a country of refuge, stays in hospitals, prisons or other places of confinement, and periods spent at home as a homemaker. You must not leave gaps."

The past 10 years for my husband and me include time spent in both university and high school, and I am wondering how detailed the account should be. E.g. do we need to say "school year 9 months, summer holidays 3 months," or do we need to just say "university" for the whole corresponding time period? Also, do I need to list a hospital stay of 1 or 2 weeks, if it was during a semester, and I did not interrupt my studies because of it? Or does my husband need to list a 2-3 week-long trip to Europe (several countries for the same trip), which he did as a high school student, in a teacher-led group?

Thanks!
Old Sep 29th 2006, 7:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

pinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Background declaration, q. 11

Originally Posted by Faerine
Hello,

I am looking at the background declaration form, q. 11. "Give details of what you have been doing during the past 10 years or since age 18, whichever period is longer, starting with the most recent information. Include
jobs held, periods of unemployment, periods of study and any other use of time, such as time spent travelling in search of a country of refuge, stays in hospitals, prisons or other places of confinement, and periods spent at home as a homemaker. You must not leave gaps."

The past 10 years for my husband and me include time spent in both university and high school, and I am wondering how detailed the account should be. E.g. do we need to say "school year 9 months, summer holidays 3 months," or do we need to just say "university" for the whole corresponding time period? Also, do I need to list a hospital stay of 1 or 2 weeks, if it was during a semester, and I did not interrupt my studies because of it? Or does my husband need to list a 2-3 week-long trip to Europe (several countries for the same trip), which he did as a high school student, in a teacher-led group?

Thanks!
Going by the CIC guide it does state that "you must account for every month during the past 10 years" so for your education, you should state which months were spend studing, which were spent travelling (I wouldn't include a 1-2 week holiday, but if it was a month or two of travelling then add it making sure you list addressing/places you stayed).
I don't think its necessary to list a 1-2 week stay in hospital, they will know that when you get to the medical stages, but the more information you give them the better they can assess your application. I always think that if you give them more than they need with all supporting documents you will be ok....better to be safe than sorry! The CIC guide does only tell you the very minumum that is required so its best to add detailed information where you can.
Hope that helps