Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Back from Handing in Passport in London

Wikiposts

Back from Handing in Passport in London

Old Apr 26th 2007, 3:37 am
Your goto Realtor

liquidsuite is a jewel in the roughliquidsuite is a jewel in the roughliquidsuite is a jewel in the roughliquidsuite is a jewel in the roughliquidsuite is a jewel in the rough
Default Back from Handing in Passport in London

Hi there all I just got back from handing in passport in London. Now I wait 2 weeks to go back and hopefully get VISA. I got there plenty in time and was actually the 1st person in line with nobody there at around 12pm. (2hours early lol)
I am glad I was early as by 2pm the que was very busy and quite a few people there. At 2pm went in and put my mobile phone in a locker then was asked to go through a metal detector machine or whatever they are. Walked upstairs and then handed my passport to the receptionist. She then handed me my reciept and told me to come back in 2 weeks.

So was not painfull and all very fast. Was anyone else in the que. I felt like shouting out hey anyone from BritishExpat forum lol.
Old Apr 26th 2007, 3:46 am
BE Enthusiast

KennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to all
Default Re: Back from Handing in Passport in London

I'd LOVE to hand mine in, but I'mm quite a bit away and I'd need to travel down again in 2 weeks
We COULD go down for a 2 week holiday, but that would probably be far too expensive!
Hey ho! We'll just need to post 'em (if we ever get our PPR's! )

Advanced Congrats LS!!!!

Kenny
Old Apr 26th 2007, 3:53 am
Your goto Realtor

liquidsuite is a jewel in the roughliquidsuite is a jewel in the roughliquidsuite is a jewel in the roughliquidsuite is a jewel in the roughliquidsuite is a jewel in the rough

Good luck with yours. I guess its hard if you live far away as you have to come twice to London. I just could not wait via post for it. I heard by post it takes a little longer. As long as you send by courier should be fine.
Old Apr 26th 2007, 4:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Robski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud of

Hurrah for you, i hope you enjoyed your day out.

I would have much prefered to hand deliver mine, but there was no way i could get off work for the day

Oh well, postal dosent seem to be taking too long at the momnet, and mine has been gone 10 days now...
Old Apr 26th 2007, 4:39 am
Bring on the snow!

Rob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by liquidsuite
Hi there all I just got back from handing in passport in London. Now I wait 2 weeks to go back and hopefully get VISA. I got there plenty in time and was actually the 1st person in line with nobody there at around 12pm. (2hours early lol)
I am glad I was early as by 2pm the que was very busy and quite a few people there. At 2pm went in and put my mobile phone in a locker then was asked to go through a metal detector machine or whatever they are. Walked upstairs and then handed my passport to the receptionist. She then handed me my reciept and told me to come back in 2 weeks.

So was not painfull and all very fast. Was anyone else in the que. I felt like shouting out hey anyone from BritishExpat forum lol.
Great stuff! So I guess your passports gets slipped in front of mine & Robskis then
Old Apr 26th 2007, 4:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Robski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Rob_999
Great stuff! So I guess your passports gets slipped in front of mine & Robskis then
NOOOoooooooooooooooooooooo
That's just wrong
Old Apr 26th 2007, 4:50 am
Bring on the snow!

Rob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Robski
NOOOoooooooooooooooooooooo
That's just wrong
I have a vision of my passport just reaching the top of the pile every thursday, then a load more being dumped ontop!
Old Apr 26th 2007, 5:00 am
Your goto Realtor

Well while I was waiting in que I saw a van pull up with some brown envelope to be delivered there. Maybe that was one of your passports lol. In which case your ahead of me maybe. But by time it get to you be post I might be ahead as will get it in my hand lol The race is on lol

As long as we all get a visa we will all be happy at end of day whether its 2 weeks or 3 or 4....as long as its not months
Old Apr 26th 2007, 7:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Considered me duly up for the challenge, I have called in my own private possy of "passport delivery dancers" and put them on the case!!

Old Apr 26th 2007, 8:05 am
BE Enthusiast

PaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Robski
Hurrah for you, i hope you enjoyed your day out.

I would have much prefered to hand deliver mine, but there was no way i could get off work for the day

Oh well, postal dosent seem to be taking too long at the momnet, and mine has been gone 10 days now...
24 days mine took robski...so hopefully not too long for your good self.
i spoke to cic in canada today and my COPR is in good order
hope you get your visa real soon
Paul
Old Apr 26th 2007, 8:10 am
throw caution to the wind

louise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PaulCall
24 days mine took robski...so hopefully not too long for your good self.
Paul
is that 24 days total or 24 business days?? Sorry I am being paranoid Our passports were rec'd in London on April 17th and we want to go to Vegas on May 18th - I think we are cutting it a bit fine
Old Apr 26th 2007, 8:25 am
BE Enthusiast

PaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to all

24 days in total louise...i was rather surprised myself but obviously pleasantly surprised.
hope it gets back in time for vegas.....looking forward to visiting there myself
all the best
Paul
Old Apr 26th 2007, 8:35 am
throw caution to the wind

louise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PaulCall
24 days in total louise...i was rather surprised myself but obviously pleasantly surprised.
hope it gets back in time for vegas.....looking forward to visiting there myself
all the best
Paul
Thanks Paul, things definitely seem to be moving at CIC, especially so for us lot at the end of the line.
Can't wait to go to Vegas, I have been twice before but hubby hasn't ever been. We are hoping to 'land' on the way back into Calgary.
Old Apr 26th 2007, 8:48 am
BE Enthusiast

[QUOTE=PaulCall;4701816]24 days mine took robski...so hopefully not too long for your good self.
Paul[/QUOTE

That sounds promising, thanks PAul