A Baby on the Way, Please advise

Old Mar 28th 2005, 6:46 pm
  #1  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 1
Zaya is an unknown quantity at this point
Default A Baby on the Way, Please advise

Here is my dilemma:

My husband and I are about to receive our PP. Our AOR was May, 2004. We completed our medicals in the middle of December. I am pregnant now and my child is due in the middle of November.

From the previous posts, I gather that if I deliver in the US post-stamping but prior to entry, our visas are invalid. Should I:

- Notify the consulate that we are expecting a child in November? Will it adversely affect our application since we are supposed to enter by the end of December anyway and should have planned accordingly?

- Should I enter Ontario August 1 (the earliest I truly can) and hope that I do not go into labor during the 3 month waiting period (Aug-Nov). Plus, I have to consider pre-natal visits in the meantime. (Private travel insurance does not cover labor and delivery and pre-natal visits).

- Should I go to a different province?

My concern with notifying the Consulate and essentially asking to wait until the baby is born is that in the long run, it may hurt our application (like denial). Is it too much risk?

Thank you in advance for everybody’s input.
Zaya is offline  
Old Mar 28th 2005, 6:55 pm
  #2  
 
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 8,984
Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: A Baby on the Way, Please advise

Let's hope that you get passport requests well before baby's due date and that you'll be able to deliver baby in Canada.

There is no need to advise visa post at this time.

You may consider other than Ontario destination as some Provinces don't have waiting period - check with proper government sites for each Province to find out).

Waiting for baby to be born in US will be risky as something may happen (hopefully not, but you need to consider the possibility) that will make you or baby inadmissible. In my honest opinion it is too risky.


Originally Posted by Zaya
Here is my dilemma:

My husband and I are about to receive our PP. Our AOR was May, 2004. We completed our medicals in the middle of December. I am pregnant now and my child is due in the middle of November.

From the previous posts, I gather that if I deliver in the US post-stamping but prior to entry, our visas are invalid. Should I:

- Notify the consulate that we are expecting a child in November? Will it adversely affect our application since we are supposed to enter by the end of December anyway and should have planned accordingly?

- Should I enter Ontario August 1 (the earliest I truly can) and hope that I do not go into labor during the 3 month waiting period (Aug-Nov). Plus, I have to consider pre-natal visits in the meantime. (Private travel insurance does not cover labor and delivery and pre-natal visits).

- Should I go to a different province?

My concern with notifying the Consulate and essentially asking to wait until the baby is born is that in the long run, it may hurt our application (like denial). Is it too much risk?

Thank you in advance for everybody’s input.
Andrew Miller is offline  
Old Apr 6th 2005, 12:37 pm
  #3  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 14
mdjieugoue is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: A Baby on the Way, Please advise

Hello all,
I need help about a similar problem except for the fact that I am even worse off than you are. I am 6 months pregnant and just received the request to take the medical. How will this effect my case?
Also I am planning on taking a trip to Canada next month to prospect for jobs. How will my case be effected if I give birth during that trip?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Originally Posted by Zaya
Here is my dilemma:

My husband and I are about to receive our PP. Our AOR was May, 2004. We completed our medicals in the middle of December. I am pregnant now and my child is due in the middle of November.

From the previous posts, I gather that if I deliver in the US post-stamping but prior to entry, our visas are invalid. Should I:

- Notify the consulate that we are expecting a child in November? Will it adversely affect our application since we are supposed to enter by the end of December anyway and should have planned accordingly?

- Should I enter Ontario August 1 (the earliest I truly can) and hope that I do not go into labor during the 3 month waiting period (Aug-Nov). Plus, I have to consider pre-natal visits in the meantime. (Private travel insurance does not cover labor and delivery and pre-natal visits).

- Should I go to a different province?

My concern with notifying the Consulate and essentially asking to wait until the baby is born is that in the long run, it may hurt our application (like denial). Is it too much risk?

Thank you in advance for everybody’s input.
mdjieugoue is offline  
Old Apr 6th 2005, 5:21 pm
  #4  
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
PMM's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 9,708
PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A Baby on the Way, Please advise

Hi

Originally Posted by mdjieugoue
Hello all,
I need help about a similar problem except for the fact that I am even worse off than you are. I am 6 months pregnant and just received the request to take the medical. How will this effect my case?
Also I am planning on taking a trip to Canada next month to prospect for jobs. How will my case be effected if I give birth during that trip?

Thank you in advance for your help.
I assume that you are going to delay the medical x-rays until you give birth? You should inform the office handling your case that you won't be completing the medical until after the birth. After the birth you will have to add the child to the application, pay the fee, obtain passport for child and then have your medical and the childs medical. So of course you application will be delayed.

PMM
PMM is offline  
Old Apr 6th 2005, 5:31 pm
  #5  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 22
beavis is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: A Baby on the Way, Please advise

You are better of delivering the baby in Canada as opposed to the US. If you do deliver in the US, you will have to get the child added to your existing application before you can land in Canada.

Let's hope you get your visa as soon as possible and come to Canada to deliver. Some provinces in Canada such as Manitoba do not have a waiting period for health coverage. You get medical coversage the day you land.

You should consider moving to a province without 3 month waiting period initially.
beavis is offline  
Old Apr 7th 2005, 12:48 pm
  #6  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 14
mdjieugoue is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: A Baby on the Way, Please advise

thank you so much for your answer.
from what i gather, since i am french, i do not need a visa to enter canada. am i right? if that's the case then i will follow your advice and give birth in one of the provinces where i can get medical coverage right away without having to wait. so one can get medical coverage even though they are just visiting? also, as a french citizen (or any other EU country), how long is one usually allowed to stay for a visit in canada?
thanks again.

Originally Posted by beavis
You are better of delivering the baby in Canada as opposed to the US. If you do deliver in the US, you will have to get the child added to your existing application before you can land in Canada.

Let's hope you get your visa as soon as possible and come to Canada to deliver. Some provinces in Canada such as Manitoba do not have a waiting period for health coverage. You get medical coversage the day you land.

You should consider moving to a province without 3 month waiting period initially.
mdjieugoue is offline  
Old Apr 7th 2005, 1:04 pm
  #7  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 14
mdjieugoue is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: A Baby on the Way, Please advise

thanks for your response. i asked my doctor about getting a chest x-ray at this time. he tells me since i am already into my 3rd trimester, as long as the x-ray technician make me wear a protective lead apron over my abdomen and pelvis during the procedure, exposure of the baby to the radiation should be well below the radiation amount that can be harmful to the baby. therefore i am considering not delaying the medical.
Originally Posted by PMM
Hi



I assume that you are going to delay the medical x-rays until you give birth? You should inform the office handling your case that you won't be completing the medical until after the birth. After the birth you will have to add the child to the application, pay the fee, obtain passport for child and then have your medical and the childs medical. So of course you application will be delayed.

PMM
mdjieugoue is offline  
Old Apr 7th 2005, 5:29 pm
  #8  
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
PMM's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 9,708
PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A Baby on the Way, Please advise

Hi

Originally Posted by mdjieugoue
thank you so much for your answer.
from what i gather, since i am french, i do not need a visa to enter canada. am i right? if that's the case then i will follow your advice and give birth in one of the provinces where i can get medical coverage right away without having to wait. so one can get medical coverage even though they are just visiting? also, as a french citizen (or any other EU country), how long is one usually allowed to stay for a visit in canada?
thanks again.
No, as a visitor you will not get medical coverage for the birth.

PMM
PMM is offline  
Old Apr 9th 2005, 9:13 am
  #9  
keep checking....
 
mhhp's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Location: was Switzerland/Germany now BC Canada
Posts: 1,440
mhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to all
Default Re: A Baby on the Way, Please advise

Originally Posted by mdjieugoue
thanks for your response. i asked my doctor about getting a chest x-ray at this time. he tells me since i am already into my 3rd trimester, as long as the x-ray technician make me wear a protective lead apron over my abdomen and pelvis during the procedure, exposure of the baby to the radiation should be well below the radiation amount that can be harmful to the baby. therefore i am considering not delaying the medical.
There are mixed opinions on that. You should do some research. I personally believe that it is not woth the risk, and that noone can assure, that the baby will not be affected, but then again I am just a "crazy purist" who eats organic food.
mhhp is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.