Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Australian police check form - confused

Australian police check form - confused

Old Aug 25th 2005, 12:24 pm
Just Joined

rambler is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Australian police check form - confused

Hello,

I am applying for an Australian criminal history (police) check from the UK, as I spent a year living in Australia and am now applying for a Canadian Skilled Worker visa.

I have downloaded the form (from here: http://www.afp.gov.au/afp/page/Emplo...crimhterms.htm), and I am about to get my fingerprints from Scotland Yard, but I am confused about this part of the form:

Police Use Only
Australian Federal Police
NOT RECORDED / RECORDED
NOTE: As fingerprints do not accompany your request, the Australian Federal Police cannot guarantee in any manner, that the information supplied herewith concerns the individual in whom you are interested.
Signature: ................................................â €¦â€¦...
Date: .........../.........../............
For Commissioner Australian Federal Police
Since I am sending my fingerprints, where can I specify that I am doing this, and also, what do I enter in the "consent to" and "specify entitlement" sections?

I'm baffled!

Thanks for any help.
Old Aug 25th 2005, 4:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Maple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Australian police check form - confused

if you look under my profile...there is a thread titled.
..police form confusion.
.as i was asking the same questions...!
there are answers

sorry i don't know how to do links in here....
Old Aug 25th 2005, 5:11 pm
Just Joined

rambler is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for that! All the info I needed was there...

The link is:
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=296047

for anyone who might need it...
Old Aug 26th 2005, 6:54 am
Here and happy at last

gooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant future

I dont know when you went but for anyone that has been out of Oz for longer than 10 years then things are different. I never sent finger prints, as it had been over 10 years since I had been in the country anyway, and pointless. They have the privacy laws like we have here, and in such cases even if you had done a crime they see it as" spent" after 10 years and no info is kept on you and you do not have to disclose to anyone including any authority, (Page 3 of application) Therefore you dont have to send fingerprints, as they would not have any records to check.
If you know you never committed a crime then you are sure they will not even be able to run your name through the computer and find it.

You dont need fingerprints in UK either. They too dont keep history on you after a certain period.
As police certificates here only last for a year, I would have thought it is what you have done in UK that is of most interest. If you had committed a serious crime in Oz I would have thought the UK police would have known about it too somehow, and show on Uk record?

Anyway I think you have it all sorted now, by the sounds of it.

Originally Posted by rambler
Hello,

I am applying for an Australian criminal history (police) check from the UK, as I spent a year living in Australia and am now applying for a Canadian Skilled Worker visa.

I have downloaded the form (from here: http://www.afp.gov.au/afp/page/Emplo...crimhterms.htm), and I am about to get my fingerprints from Scotland Yard, but I am confused about this part of the form:

Since I am sending my fingerprints, where can I specify that I am doing this, and also, what do I enter in the "consent to" and "specify entitlement" sections?

I'm baffled!

Thanks for any help.