Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Australian Migrating to the UK. Is it a good thing?

Wikiposts

Australian Migrating to the UK. Is it a good thing?

Old Jun 18th 2002, 3:20 am
Jason Tomlins

Default Re: Australian Migrating to the UK. Is it a good thing?

Facts : Your visa in not PR for UK Only EU passport holders can freely live and work
in EU unrestricted England is cold wet and grey Australia is hot, sunny has wonderful
landscapes IT market in UK sucks Houses in UK sky high for shoe boxes.

I spent two extended backpacking trip in Aus and each time I returned home I wanted
to go back.

Now being married, my wife and I live in USA shortly to move to Canada for good.
England is the last place I would want to move to, even more so from a place like
Aus. Try it out for six months and you'll feel the same.

[email protected] (Peter) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]. com>...
    > Jags,
    >
    > > Well, I have recently been awarded the Highly Skilled Migrant Status (HSMP) to
    > > the UK. This is a Permanant Residency status given to people who are highly
    > > skilled in their profession, a new scheme introduced by the UK.
    >
    > As some people have already pointed out, the HSMP visa is not a permanent
    > residency visa.
    >
    >
    > > And surely a UK Permanant Residency opens so many new opportunities in Europe and
    > > the United States.
    >
    > If you haven't already noticed, Great Britain lost the United States as a colony
    > about 200 years ago. Having UK permanent resident status (which, by the way, you
    > still do not yet have) will have no effect on any work opportunities in the United
    > States. Also, being a UK permanent resident does not open up any opportunities in
    > any other part of Europe or the EU.
    >
    > Cheers, Peter