Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

ATTN: Jim, Andrew & PMM -Re: Final Admissibility Review

Wikiposts

ATTN: Jim, Andrew & PMM -Re: Final Admissibility Review

Old Feb 22nd 2005, 1:58 pm
Forum Regular

centauri is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ATTN: Jim, Andrew & PMM -Re: Final Admissibility Review

Hi guys,

Just want to ask your expert comments on this. In my PPR there was a statement that goes like this:
Conditional to a final admissibility review by an immigration officer.

What does this mean? Is the final admissibity review being done prior to visa issuance or during landing proper? Thanks in advance.

centauri
Old Feb 22nd 2005, 3:13 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ATTN: Jim, Andrew & PMM -Re: Final Admissibility Review

Hi

Originally Posted by centauri
Hi guys,

Just want to ask your expert comments on this. In my PPR there was a statement that goes like this:

What does this mean? Is the final admissibity review being done prior to visa issuance or during landing proper? Thanks in advance.

centauri
New phrase to me, but it probably means that you still could be found to be inadmissible at a POE, for examply if you were convicted of a crime after the COPR was issued but before you landed or your martial status changed in the same time period.

PMM
Old Feb 22nd 2005, 4:15 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

Both - prior to visa being granted as well as at the port of entry during landing process. Something may still not check out, pass mark may go up and you may be found not longer making the cut (although I don't think that CIC would be that cruel after sending ppr) as per R77 here

www.canlii.org/ca/regu/sor2-227/sec77.html

or your circumstances may change (as mentioned by PMM), or you may not be able to demonstrate settlement funds, etc.

There are still plenty of things that may go wrong and as we read here from time to time reports of would be immigrants refused admission things go wrong sometimes.

Originally Posted by centauri
Hi guys,

centauri
Old Feb 22nd 2005, 6:00 pm
Forum Regular

macoy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
Both - prior to visa being granted as well as at the port of entry during landing process. Something may still not check out, pass mark may go up and you may be found not longer making the cut (although I don't think that CIC would be that cruel after sending ppr) as per R77 here

www.canlii.org/ca/regu/sor2-227/sec77.html

or your circumstances may change (as mentioned by PMM), or you may not be able to demonstrate settlement funds, etc.

There are still plenty of things that may go wrong and as we read here from time to time reports of would be immigrants refused admission things go wrong sometimes.
although the situation does not fit my case, it has been great to read the analysis from the experts.