Wikiposts

Attn: Experts, Simple Question

Old Apr 28th 2005, 6:31 pm
Forum Regular

byron is on a distinguished road
Default Attn: Experts, Simple Question about CAIPS

Hello experts,

I just wanted to ask you fellow experts how can an applicant find through his/her CAIPS printout if his/her background (credentials) check or background/security check have been initiated? We all have seen notes like:

B CHECK REQUIRED FOR PI
REFERRAL FOR PI SENT ELECTRONICALLY
B CHECK FOR SP SENT ELECTRONICALLY
B CHECK RECD FOR PI
and ...

in our CAIPS printout. But no one has ever mentioned which term refers to background check and which one to security check. Moreover, I personally haven't seen anybody says in his/her CAIPS a note reads like "SECURITY CHECK RECEIVED FOR PI" or so. Is there any secret code for initiating security checks? Thanks for your fruitful feedback.

Byron

Last edited by byron; Apr 28th 2005 at 6:42 pm.
Old Apr 29th 2005, 6:10 am
Forum Regular

Default Re: Attn: Experts, Simple Question about CAIPS

Anyone has any idea about my question? Jim, Andrew, PMM, could you answer the question please?

Thanks
Byron
Old Apr 29th 2005, 6:39 am
BE Enthusiast

reddy_cd is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

In my opinion the date on which the referal sent may be considered as the date on which the so called checks were initiated. Sorry, I am not an expert to tell you about the difference between the so called security and background checks.

So, in your case you can take the referal sent date as the background/sec check initiation date at least for the puropose of time count.

Hope this helps!

Reddy

Originally Posted by byron
Anyone has any idea about my question? Jim, Andrew, PMM, could you answer the question please?

Thanks
Byron
Old Apr 29th 2005, 6:54 am
Forum Regular

That's odd because in my case the referral sent 5-6 months after medicals while I sent them to Buffalo immediately after receiving their request. If your statement is true the security check may take forever which is not fair at all. It basically means in identical situations with me, someone who applied 5 months later might receive his/her PR earlier than me ?

Byron
Old Apr 29th 2005, 6:55 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

try not to read too much from CAIPS as well as from e-cas and you'll live longer and happier life. Every task is initiated when it's time comes and trying to figure out if it has or hasn't been started will only add to dispair.

Hello experts,

I just wanted to ask you fellow experts how can an applicant find through his/her CAIPS printout if his/her background (credentials) check or background/security check have been initiated? We all have seen notes like:

B CHECK REQUIRED FOR PI
REFERRAL FOR PI SENT ELECTRONICALLY
B CHECK FOR SP SENT ELECTRONICALLY
B CHECK RECD FOR PI
and ...

in our CAIPS printout. But no one has ever mentioned which term refers to background check and which one to security check. Moreover, I personally haven't seen anybody says in his/her CAIPS a note reads like "SECURITY CHECK RECEIVED FOR PI" or so. Is there any secret code for initiating security checks? Thanks for your fruitful feedback.

Byron
Old Apr 29th 2005, 7:15 am
Forum Regular

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for reply. But isn't really possible to tell from CAIPS when they have initiated the checks? I heard several times in this forum from you, Jim and PMM that security check is initiated after selection decision which in my case is about a year ago. But the date they have sent referrals for me is a few months later.
Old Apr 29th 2005, 7:39 am
BE Enthusiast

reddy_cd is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
Same thing happned in my case. I submitted my medicals in Dec 2003. In fact, at that time they (CIC) did not ask for anything other than medicals, proof of funds and RCMP clearance.

But they sent me another letter in April 2004 saying that I should send my work and residence history (updated) within 90 days. It was also mentioned in the letter that further processing of my application will be stopped until they receive the requested info. I submitted the requested info immediately as I did not want the processing to be further delayed.

The CAIPS notes which I obatained alter revealed that referal for my background/sec check was sent after receiving the updated work/residence info (May 4, 2004).

FYI: My IA was adted Dec 5,2003 and referal was sent on May 4, 2004, so the time lost was almost 5 months. Had they requested such info along with my IA, then they could have avoided this delay of 5 months time.

But one thing is sure that we the prospective immigrants are at the mercy of the the case officers. So, we do not have any say and ask questions like why can't they (CIC) request all the info at one time and cutdown the processing times.

Hope you will undertsand my point.

Reddy

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for reply. But isn't really possible to tell from CAIPS when they have initiated the checks? I heard several times in this forum from you, Jim and PMM that security check is initiated after selection decision which in my case is about a year ago. But the date they have sent referrals for me is a few months later.

Last edited by reddy_cd; Apr 29th 2005 at 7:45 am.
Old Apr 29th 2005, 8:00 am
Forum Regular

Hi reddy_cd,

I have come to the same conclusion as you did a few months ago. Maybe that's why Andrew said in his reply we should not read CAIPS too much to live longer. Preparing a complete application and sending the requested information immediately is just 10-20% of the job. The remainder is absolutely out of our hands and should be handled somewhere else by somebody else.

I have heard that some officers even call applicants to ask for their missing info. I do not know why in our cases it has taken that long. Maybe they have too many applications to be processed. Maybe ...

Byron