Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

asthma - medical examination enquiry

asthma - medical examination enquiry

Old Nov 9th 2009, 12:40 pm
Forum Regular

lcar is a glorious beacon of lightlcar is a glorious beacon of lightlcar is a glorious beacon of lightlcar is a glorious beacon of lightlcar is a glorious beacon of lightlcar is a glorious beacon of lightlcar is a glorious beacon of lightlcar is a glorious beacon of lightlcar is a glorious beacon of lightlcar is a glorious beacon of lightlcar is a glorious beacon of light
Default asthma - medical examination enquiry

Does anyone know whether it is standard for further reports on asthma to be requested at a medical examination?
I have mild, well controlled asthma (two inhalers daily). I have been to hospital with it only once, in 2004, and then only briefly as an out patient.
I have been asked for further reports for life insurance etc in the past - just wondering whether the same will apply at my medical next week?
Not really a problem if it does arise - just nice to be forewarned.
Thanks.
Old Nov 9th 2009, 1:18 pm
Resident Maple Leaf Lush

sharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: asthma - medical examination enquiry

Hello there,
I've got mild asthma, had it since I was about 11. I have a Bricanyl inhaler which I use when I feel tight chested, so it's not a daily use thing.

I listed asthma and the medication on the medical form I got at the doctors office when going for the medical and I wasn't asked for any further tests.

There wasn't any peak-flow test or anything like that during the medical, it was your run of the mill, check height, weight, blood pressure, reflexes, poke you about a bit, then draw a couple of vials of blood. All over in about 15 mins.

I think you'd only find out if more tests are required after the initial medical anyway, as the Doc will fill out their report and send it off to immigration, at which point they'll analyze the results and decide if further tests are required and will contact you detailing what is needed.
Old Nov 9th 2009, 1:50 pm
Forum Regular

lcar is a glorious beacon of lightlcar is a glorious beacon of lightlcar is a glorious beacon of lightlcar is a glorious beacon of lightlcar is a glorious beacon of lightlcar is a glorious beacon of lightlcar is a glorious beacon of lightlcar is a glorious beacon of lightlcar is a glorious beacon of lightlcar is a glorious beacon of lightlcar is a glorious beacon of light

Thank you Sharkus - that sounds perfectly reasonable.
I'll take my inhalers with me and see what happens.
L
Old Nov 9th 2009, 2:41 pm
Forum Regular

brummi is on a distinguished road

Hi. I also have mild, controlled asthma and wasn't asked for further tests.
Old Nov 9th 2009, 3:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Walsh Clan has a brilliant futureWalsh Clan has a brilliant futureWalsh Clan has a brilliant futureWalsh Clan has a brilliant futureWalsh Clan has a brilliant futureWalsh Clan has a brilliant futureWalsh Clan has a brilliant futureWalsh Clan has a brilliant future

My daughter has the same and no further tests need.
Old Nov 9th 2009, 4:46 pm
Forum Regular

marimac is just really nicemarimac is just really nicemarimac is just really nicemarimac is just really nicemarimac is just really nicemarimac is just really nicemarimac is just really nicemarimac is just really nice

My OH mentioned his asthma to the DMP when he booked the appointment and was asked to bring a report from his GP. The GP letter just listed his presciption and a copy of his last test with the nurse.
Old Nov 9th 2009, 8:50 pm
Forum Regular

A report from GP sounds a good idea - thanks.
Thank you all for your replies. I'll let you know how I get on.