Assessment under the new rules

Old Dec 27th 2001, 6:21 am
Adeel Ahmad

Hi, I am 25 years old, single. Have done Masters in Computer Science (16 years of
education) from Pakistan. More than 1 and a half year of experience as Computer
Programmer here in Pakistan. I have my brother in Canada as immigrant(gives me 5
points). English is almost fluent (i think).

No Arranged Employment.

I have read something about the new rules and what i am confused is what happened
with the Occupation selected points and choosen profession points (GOL and ETF).

Can somebody guide me about this. I will be thankful if someone roughly apply the new
assessment formula considering my above details.

Regards, Adeel Ahmad

Old Dec 27th 2001, 6:34 am
Andrew Miller

Under old rules you would score 75 points without personal suitability factor - you
would pass the 70 points pass mark in flying colors.

Under new rules you get 10 points for age, 20 points for education, 16 points for
language, 10 points for work experience and 5 points for your brother - for the total
of 61 points, well short of 80 points pass mark, sorry.

--

../..

Andrew Miller Immigration Consultant Vancouver, British Columbia email:
[email protected] (delete REMOVE and INVALID from the above address before
sending email)

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Dec 27th 2001, 10:03 am
Waseem

It gives rise to another point. Those people who are to secure 75 points ( who
applied before 17 December ), will be evaluated according to new rules or old rules ?
Their 75 points will be calculated according to new points system ?

-Waseem

"Andrew Miller" <[email protected]>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

[usenetquote2]> > Hi, I am 25 years old, single. Have done Masters in Computer Science (16 years of[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > education) from Pakistan. More than 1 and a half year of experience as Computer[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Programmer here in Pakistan. I have my brother in Canada as immigrant(gives me 5[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > points). English is almost fluent (i think).[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > No Arranged Employment. [/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > I have read something about the new rules and what i am confused is what happened[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > with the Occupation selected points and choosen profession points (GOL and ETF).[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Can somebody guide me about this. I will be thankful if someone roughly apply the[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > new assessment formula considering my above details.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Regards, Adeel Ahmad[/usenetquote2]

Old Dec 27th 2001, 12:42 pm
Mansoor

hi

from your mail, mr. Miller, it seems that there's a major change in the point
distribution and evaluation as well. it would be helpful if someone can provide the
exact or supposed (rough idea) of the new standerds of evaluation and the
distribution of the marks

"Andrew Miller" <[email protected]>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Dec 27th 2001, 2:50 pm
Andrew Miller

Those who submitted their applications before December 17, 2001 and who won't pass
the interview or not receive interview waiver by the date new law is implemented will
be assessed under new selection criteria and will have to score at least 75 points in
the new selection grid.

--

../..

Andrew Miller Immigration Consultant Vancouver, British Columbia email:
[email protected] (delete REMOVE and INVALID from the above address before
sending email)

"Waseem" <[email protected]>
[usenetquote2]> > Under old rules you would score 75 points without personal suitability[/usenetquote2]
factor -
[usenetquote2]> > you would pass the 70 points pass mark in flying colors.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Under new rules you get 10 points for age, 20 points for education, 16[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > for language, 10 points for work experience and 5 points for your brother -[/usenetquote2]
for
[usenetquote2]> > the total of 61 points, well short of 80 points pass mark, sorry.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > --[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > ../..[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Andrew Miller Immigration Consultant Vancouver, British Columbia email:[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > [email protected] (delete REMOVE and INVALID from the above address before[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > sending email)[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > ________________________________[/usenetquote2]

[usenetquote2]> > > Hi, I am 25 years old, single. Have done Masters in Computer Science (16 years[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > of education) from Pakistan. More than 1 and a half year of experience as[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > Computer Programmer here in Pakistan. I have my brother in Canada as[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > immigrant(gives me 5 points). English is almost fluent (i think).[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > No Arranged Employment. [/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > I have read something about the new rules and what i am confused is what[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > happened with the Occupation selected points and choosen profession points (GOL[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > and ETF).[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > Can somebody guide me about this. I will be thankful if someone roughly apply[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > the new assessment formula considering my above details.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > Regards, Adeel Ahmad[/usenetquote2]

Old Dec 27th 2001, 4:59 pm
Berto Volpentesta

With pass mark at 80 it is unlikely that anyone who does not have full = points for
experience would qualify. It is good that you have a brother = in Canada (landed or
citizen), but you still require another 4 points. = Perhaps you can get an informal
job offer. With this you would be set.

You could contact us for a full assessment sometime in March when the = "real" pass
mark will be set.

--=20 Good luck,

Berto Volpentesta, B.A. (Spec. Hons.), B.Ed. Member, OPIC Director, OPIC and
Education Committee Chairman

Sidhu & Volpentesta Inc. Serving people around the world since 1991

www.svcanada.com

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >