Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Asking for police certs which were already sent

Asking for police certs which were already sent

Old Dec 7th 2006, 10:10 pm
Just Joined

yaeli_17 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Asking for police certs which were already sent

Ok so the the canadian high comissioner in London finally contacted me asking to pay the right of permanent residence fee and to SEND the 2 police certificates which i sent LIKE 2 MONTHS AGO !
has anyone been in the same situation?

of course, the "good" part is that we didn't keep the tracking number when we sent the clearances (since the tracking numbers only notify when it leaves canada and not when recieved).

how low are the chances that they'll actually retrieve these 2 clearances?

if i apply for the clearances again - would it be faster :-/ concidering they just sent them to me not long ago?

and most importantly, does the fact they don't have the clearances yet mean they haven't started the backround checks?

i hope that the fact they asked me to pay the right of permanent residence is a good sign (???)

any help would be much apreciated
Old Dec 8th 2006, 12:54 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Asking for police certs which were already sent

Send email to CHC London and ask them to look for those PC's.

But why you didn't use a courier service which you can track up to the destination????

You wanted to "save" few bucks and now you may have a problem.

As for tracking Canada Post's numbers outside Canada - you can do it on website of the postal service of destination country. Not always though, thus it is safer to use FedEx, UPS, DHL or other reputable courier service when sending important documents. But I'm repeating this over and over for years and people still try to "save" some pennies.

Originally Posted by yaeli_17
Ok so the the canadian high comissioner in London finally contacted me asking to pay the right of permanent residence fee and to SEND the 2 police certificates which i sent LIKE 2 MONTHS AGO !
has anyone been in the same situation?

of course, the "good" part is that we didn't keep the tracking number when we sent the clearances (since the tracking numbers only notify when it leaves canada and not when recieved).

how low are the chances that they'll actually retrieve these 2 clearances?

if i apply for the clearances again - would it be faster :-/ concidering they just sent them to me not long ago?

and most importantly, does the fact they don't have the clearances yet mean they haven't started the backround checks?

i hope that the fact they asked me to pay the right of permanent residence is a good sign (???)

any help would be much apreciated
Old Dec 8th 2006, 1:50 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
Send email to CHC London and ask them to look for those PC's.

But why you didn't use a courier service which you can track up to the destination????

You wanted to "save" few bucks and now you may have a problem.

As for tracking Canada Post's numbers outside Canada - you can do it on website of the postal service of destination country. Not always though, thus it is safer to use FedEx, UPS, DHL or other reputable courier service when sending important documents. But I'm repeating this over and over for years and people still try to "save" some pennies.
Thanks for your reply.
I totally agree.
but I was sure that sending it registered mail is the maximum i can do to ensure it will get there

Does CHC tend to reply to emails ? I've noticed in the forum that this is quite common for them to request a document that was already sent.. is there any chance they will retrieve it (anyone has been in a similar situation?).

I'm thinking in the meantime to apply for new certs just in case, but then again do i need to apply for NEW ones or just request another one to be sent to me as part of my previous request (since my common-law hasn't visited these countries since).
Old Dec 8th 2006, 3:57 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

Do both - email CHC and obtain new PC's.

Thanks for your reply.
I totally agree.
but I was sure that sending it registered mail is the maximum i can do to ensure it will get there

Does CHC tend to reply to emails ? I've noticed in the forum that this is quite common for them to request a document that was already sent.. is there any chance they will retrieve it (anyone has been in a similar situation?).

I'm thinking in the meantime to apply for new certs just in case, but then again do i need to apply for NEW ones or just request another one to be sent to me as part of my previous request (since my common-law hasn't visited these countries since).
Old Dec 8th 2006, 4:23 pm
TLB
Forum Regular

TLB is a jewel in the roughTLB is a jewel in the roughTLB is a jewel in the roughTLB is a jewel in the roughTLB is a jewel in the rough

[QUOTE=yaeli_17]Thanks for your reply.
I totally agree.
but I was sure that sending it registered mail is the maximum i can do to ensure it will get there [QUOTE=yaeli_17]

1. Do you not have the certification tracking number for the registered mail?
2. We emailed CHC a few times and always got a response.
3. Like Andrew says just apply again.

Tracey
Old Dec 8th 2006, 6:45 pm
Just Joined

[QUOTE=TLB][QUOTE=yaeli_17]Thanks for your reply.
I totally agree.

1. Do you not have the certification tracking number for the registered mail?
2. We emailed CHC a few times and always got a response.
3. Like Andrew says just apply again.

Tracey

Thanks for your reply.
I do not have the tracking slips but apparently it wouldn't help much if i did as they only show when the letter has left canada - and not if it has been recieved by the recipient (I know i know - next time FEDEX !)
I emailed CHC with the details of when it was sent.

apprently when mississauga forwarded the file to CHC london, they wrote in their letter to me to forward any adittional documents directly to CHC, with a client id they have given me. looking at this client id they specified i realize it is MINE and not my common-law's (mine as a sponsor,and also - mine from the time i applied for permanent residence myself).
maybe CHC wasn't able to identify the file with this client ID.

either way i'm already in the process of applying for new certs. I was just worried that it may take more than the deadline they have given me to send it back (90 days).