Arriving by ship

Old Aug 23rd 2004, 9:56 am
BE Forum Addict

stepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond repute
Default Arriving by ship

Our immigration visa's (my Canadian wife has sponsored me and my dependent children) expire at the end of September and I'm considering the option of travelling across the Atlantic from the UK by ship as I really, really hate flying (it's a real fear that doesn't want to go away) and my family hate flying with me because of it! So I've looked into it and I can book a passage on a ship that will dock at Montreal and here's the question: Our intended destination is Ontario and that's where we intended to "land" but can I do that "landing" at a port and more importantly in Montreal? I know I've seen before that there are problems in changing to Quebec from another province after receiving an immigration visa so what's the situation? Taking several days to sail might seem like a desperate measure but for the sake of me and my families sanity it's an option I'd really like to consider.
Old Aug 23rd 2004, 12:27 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Arriving by ship

You should not have any problem landing at the Port of Montreal so long as it is clear that you are headed for Ontario.

Originally Posted by stepnek
Our immigration visa's (my Canadian wife has sponsored me and my dependent children) expire at the end of September and I'm considering the option of travelling across the Atlantic from the UK by ship as I really, really hate flying (it's a real fear that doesn't want to go away) and my family hate flying with me because of it! So I've looked into it and I can book a passage on a ship that will dock at Montreal and here's the question: Our intended destination is Ontario and that's where we intended to "land" but can I do that "landing" at a port and more importantly in Montreal? I know I've seen before that there are problems in changing to Quebec from another province after receiving an immigration visa so what's the situation? Taking several days to sail might seem like a desperate measure but for the sake of me and my families sanity it's an option I'd really like to consider.
Old Aug 23rd 2004, 1:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

stepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
You should not have any problem landing at the Port of Montreal so long as it is clear that you are headed for Ontario.
Thanks for the info. Do you know what kind of proof I would need to show that as my final destination?
Old Aug 23rd 2004, 2:22 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

Evidence of arranged continuous travel to Ontarion upon landing - bus or train tickets should do.

Originally Posted by stepnek
Thanks for the info. Do you know what kind of proof I would need to show that as my final destination?
Old Aug 23rd 2004, 2:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
Evidence of arranged continuous travel to Ontarion upon landing - bus or train tickets should do.
Thankyou Andrew.