Wikiposts

Arrival in Vancouver!!!

Old Dec 9th 2004, 10:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Jonny is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Arrival in Vancouver!!!

In case anybody is interested... We arrived in Vancouver last night after a fun-filled 9 1/2 hour flight from London. The lady at customs was very friendly, and even asked the wife why I wasn't on her goods accompanying list! Her goods to follow list was looked at and stamped and we were waived through. At the moment I am just here as a visitor until I fedex my passport back to London to get my visa. Explained all this to customs and immigration who were all very friendly, gave my passport a stamp and said "Welcome to Canada" to me and "Welcome home" to the wife. So easy peasey...

The next challenge is to get my passport with visa back and take a drive to Peace Arch to land. Then get a job, get a car, find somewhere to live, have babies and live happily ever after. Will repost an update when that happens...

This morning we took a stroll down to the beach looking at the views of Stanley Park and Downtown, the Gulf islands, and the clouds over the mountains. Sure beats sunny England any day . Also took a trip to the local Safeway and I think I nearly wet myself with excitement. The food all looked soooo good compared to UK supermarkets, all those donuts, and cakes, and fresh fruit and veg, and I could have stood in front of that deli counter for hours, and staff who all said "good morning, how are you today?" instead of grunting at us like pigs... The only thing I think we will miss is our family in the UK, but I am sure they will be over for a visit.

Good luck to everybody waiting for that passport request, see you in Canada soon.

Jonny & Virgosah
Old Dec 9th 2004, 10:56 am
Once bemused

Rhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really nice
Default Re: Arrival in Vancouver!!!

Glad it's all gone smoothly so far. Good luck with all the rest of it!

I have to say that I find the expression "How are you today?" incredibly annoying. To me, the inclusion of the word 'today' suggests that they have met me previously and therefore have a frame of reference against which to judge how I am today. I find that English people understand my point, but Canadians rarely do.
Old Dec 9th 2004, 10:29 pm
Forum Regular

Fiona Shearer has a spectacular aura aboutFiona Shearer has a spectacular aura aboutFiona Shearer has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Arrival in Vancouver!!!

Originally Posted by Jonny
In case anybody is interested... We arrived in Vancouver last night after a fun-filled 9 1/2 hour flight from London. The lady at customs was very friendly, and even asked the wife why I wasn't on her goods accompanying list! Her goods to follow list was looked at and stamped and we were waived through. At the moment I am just here as a visitor until I fedex my passport back to London to get my visa. Explained all this to customs and immigration who were all very friendly, gave my passport a stamp and said "Welcome to Canada" to me and "Welcome home" to the wife. So easy peasey...

The next challenge is to get my passport with visa back and take a drive to Peace Arch to land. Then get a job, get a car, find somewhere to live, have babies and live happily ever after. Will repost an update when that happens...

This morning we took a stroll down to the beach looking at the views of Stanley Park and Downtown, the Gulf islands, and the clouds over the mountains. Sure beats sunny England any day . Also took a trip to the local Safeway and I think I nearly wet myself with excitement. The food all looked soooo good compared to UK supermarkets, all those donuts, and cakes, and fresh fruit and veg, and I could have stood in front of that deli counter for hours, and staff who all said "good morning, how are you today?" instead of grunting at us like pigs... The only thing I think we will miss is our family in the UK, but I am sure they will be over for a visit.

Good luck to everybody waiting for that passport request, see you in Canada soon.

Jonny & Virgosah
Hi you guys... Just wanted to say congratulations! Reading this makes me even more determined than ever to get back home. I hope that you are very happy as I'm sure you will be! Hopefully by this time next year it will be me and my husband celebrating our arrival!
All the best and Merry Christmas!!
Fiona