Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Arranged Employment query with Buffalo

Arranged Employment query with Buffalo

Old Aug 1st 2006, 5:33 am
Forum Regular

Adrian7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Arranged Employment query with Buffalo

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
You need to remember that visa post may refuse applicant even if such scored 90+ points if in officer's opinion applicant didn't demonstrate that s/he has good chances to succeed in Canada.

To answer your question - yes, Buffalo still approves and will approve applications without arranged employment if in officer opinion applicant has good chances to succeed in Canada.

Andrew,
One final question: When my employer is writing the letter stating their intention to employ me permanently (upon receipt of PR), is a one paragraph letter stating that I will be employed permanently once I receive PR, ok?
OR, does my employer need to also attach a formal offer of employment, stating salary, benefits, holidays etc?
Old Aug 1st 2006, 5:41 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

If you are already working for particular employer with valid work permit received on the basis of positive LMO then simple letter expressing intentions to convert your current temorary employment to a permanent one after you become a PR will suffice.

But if you are not working for this employer or you are just on post grad or spousal work permit then CIC wants to see that terms and conditions of job offer are sufficient enough to attract and retain Canadians, thus full job offer is likely needed.

Originally Posted by Adrian7
Andrew,
One final question: When my employer is writing the letter stating their intention to employ me permanently (upon receipt of PR), is a one paragraph letter stating that I will be employed permanently once I receive PR, ok?
OR, does my employer need to also attach a formal offer of employment, stating salary, benefits, holidays etc?
Old Aug 21st 2006, 10:11 am
Forum Regular

Adrian7 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
If you are already working for particular employer with valid work permit received on the basis of positive LMO then simple letter expressing intentions to convert your current temorary employment to a permanent one after you become a PR will suffice.

But if you are not working for this employer or you are just on post grad or spousal work permit then CIC wants to see that terms and conditions of job offer are sufficient enough to attract and retain Canadians, thus full job offer is likely needed.
Andrew,
I sent this additional letter to Buffalo (stating my employers intentions to employ me full-time) by recorded delivery and it was signed for.

Question: do you think I should e-mail Buffalo to confirm they received it and is in my file?
Or do you think they will regard this as "unnecessary contact" and delay my application?
Old Aug 21st 2006, 12:47 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

No need to email - if you have confirmation that it was received by Buffalo then nothing to worry.

Originally Posted by Adrian7
Andrew,
I sent this additional letter to Buffalo (stating my employers intentions to employ me full-time) by recorded delivery and it was signed for.

Question: do you think I should e-mail Buffalo to confirm they received it and is in my file?
Or do you think they will regard this as "unnecessary contact" and delay my application?