Arranged employment opinion

Old Sep 5th 2008, 3:25 pm
Just Joined

trigger08 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Arranged employment opinion

Hi,

This is my first post, I've searched the forum (which is immensely helpful) and have a couple of questions regarding arranged employment opinion. I'm currently in Canada (not on a TWP, just tourist), but I may be fortunate enough to be offered a job with an employer who is willing to wait until I have obtained PR to take up employment.

In a previous post it has been mentioned that "PR applications backed up by AEOs usually are scrutinized more carefully than other applications. Apparently it is common for Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) to request additional back up documents."
I'm just curious as to what further information might be requested - would this be from myself or my employer - or is this referring to the PD7A, CRA T4 "Summary of remuneration paid" and information to prove the business has been running for over a year?

I would be applying through London, my understanding is that my PR application would be expedited - does anyone know roughly how long (are we talking months or years - just to give myself and potential employer an idea)?

Finally, I've read that employers sometimes back out or change their mind when they realize the hassle involved with TWP. If I get a AOE and apply for PR then if a few months down the line an employer changes their mind, where would I stand?

Many thanks.
Old Sep 6th 2008, 12:56 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Arranged employment opinion

CHC London will ask you and the employer to complete another forms and provide documented explanation how you found each other. There are too many fraudulent offers getting AEO (as HRSDC doesn't verify how genuine offer is) and as result visa posts are scrutinizing them hard.
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 5:35 pm
Just Joined

trigger08 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the response. There shouldn't be a problem explaining how the offer came about, I'm not sure what you mean by 'documented' though?

Also, do you have an idea of how long the process will take (roughly), once the PR application is submitted to London with an AOE?

Many thanks.
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 6:34 pm
Forum Regular

akitared is on a distinguished road

Hi

Took Four months & 1 week for us from submitting full application this April to PPR in August at CHC London, collected Passports this Thursday gone
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 7:10 pm
9 months, start to finish

gibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by trigger08
Hi,

Finally, I've read that employers sometimes back out or change their mind when they realize the hassle involved with TWP. If I get a AOE and apply for PR then if a few months down the line an employer changes their mind, where would I stand?

Many thanks.
presumable, you'll have a contract?