Arranged Employment/Job offer

Old Mar 21st 2005, 1:43 pm
Just Joined

marjow is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Arranged Employment/Job offer

Has anybody here applied for jobs outside Canada and succeeded having an arranged employment or a job offer?
Old Mar 21st 2005, 2:41 pm
Journeyman Canadian

scimdarren is a glorious beacon of lightscimdarren is a glorious beacon of lightscimdarren is a glorious beacon of lightscimdarren is a glorious beacon of lightscimdarren is a glorious beacon of lightscimdarren is a glorious beacon of lightscimdarren is a glorious beacon of lightscimdarren is a glorious beacon of lightscimdarren is a glorious beacon of lightscimdarren is a glorious beacon of lightscimdarren is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Arranged Employment/Job offer

Hi

If that is your goal, then the best thing to do is arrange a date to visit (fact finding tour) and email a 100 resumes to potential employers in your chosen location, telling them that you would be glad to meet them during the date of your visit.

Cheers
Darren

Originally Posted by marjow
Has anybody here applied for jobs outside Canada and succeeded having an arranged employment or a job offer?
Old Mar 21st 2005, 4:52 pm
Just Joined

squirrel2000 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi,

i have arranged a job from outside canada
Old Mar 21st 2005, 5:06 pm
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by marjow
Know of a few nurses who have....in our case (my better half) get registered in province, update CV/resume, join provincial recruiters database, get lucky, telephone interview, job offer. Need to have open mind, be flexible, about where to locate/hospital to work at etc.

Only went to visit after the job offer was negotiated, and that was just due to being there on a recce/vacation break.

Job offer with HRDC, lodged with CIC in our PR file.

Assume other sectors/skills may apply similarly but not always easy and may not work out right-first-time.

Rich.
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 1:53 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by squirrel2000
hi,

i have arranged a job from outside canada

How long did it take you to get that job? Did you have to send out a lot of resumes to companies thru email or airmail?

I'm just curious. I have been searching through the net for quite sometime and my husband and i have sent out resumes to almost all of the jobs he is qualified for(my husband will be the principal applicant)
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 1:56 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by scimdarren
Hi

If that is your goal, then the best thing to do is arrange a date to visit (fact finding tour) and email a 100 resumes to potential employers in your chosen location, telling them that you would be glad to meet them during the date of your visit.

Cheers
Darren
We don't have a tourist visa so I don't think we can arrange a date if possible. Do you think we should apply for tourist first before trying out for the skilled worker visa?